Open in 2 days and no bookings!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tannyk

Reaction score
Hi there,
New geek here, am I right to panic that I don't have any bookings for my spray tanning? I open on Wednesday as I have rented a room in tanning salon. I have left flyers in salon and also left them in local businesses. Any hints or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

what advertising have you done?
are you having an open day event?
have you sent out invites?

one word of advice, get some bubbly, hire some glasses, blow up some balloons, and beg as many of your friends to call round to wish you well. this will create interest.

Ring round all your clients and friends to let them know that wed is your big day. Ask them to tell all their friends too. Call everyone you ever met and tell them. It's no time to be shy!!

You should get some friends/family in so that even if you have no paying clients, you look busy to the other people in the salon. If I have a quiet day I usually gte a friend in for a blow dry or put their hair up to make the salon look a bit busier. Are you using a business mobile? Do you have any special offers on for your opening? You could maybe have "first XX amoutn of clients get tan half price" or or get next tan half price.

Also, if you haven't already done this, do some free/at cost tans for people you know who will be good at saying to people, "look at my tan, so and so did it for me, this is her number" cos people will see the tan and think it looks lovely and you will be inundated with clients!!!

also if you have a facebook/bebo/twitter etc put on there that you are so excited you are starting your own tanning business at XXXsalon on wednesday and feel free to come along!! I sent private messages to everyone on my facebook page and actually got 3 clients so far from emailing 20 people (about 12 were already customers!!)

Last edited:
Hey thanks! Yes my offer is buy one next one half price. I have two friends coming down for freebies on wednesday so I have something to do! Didn't think about balloons and stuff so that could work. Cheers for advice

I got quite a few people coming into my open evening just because they saw the balloons :)

Make sure you have all your business cards/price lists etc available so clients can take them away, and a wee printout with your special offers on too xx

Will def be popping to asda first thing to get balloons and stuff. Thanks I have my hubby printing off prices already for me. I'm so excited now
thanks again
Kirstie

where in fife are you??x

thing about giving little gift bags too, in each one have a price list, a biz card and something to do with your business like an information sheet or a sample.

I put in an affirmation, a herbal tea bag, an incense stick, a chocolate and lots of info.

You could put in a raffle ticket and tell everyone that one person will get a free treatment.

Perhaps put in a discount card but they have to book on the day.

make sure you have your diary with you and take bookings.

Get a friend to ask you questions whenever someone comes in, so it looks as if they are a prospective client.

Get someone to help and dish out the drinks/refreshments etc.

I'm in dunfermline, there are a few girls doing spray tan so had to start of quite low just to lure people in, don't know if that was a good idea!
Kirstie x

what you charging for a tan? you should maybe try a website also, and get yourself listed on all the free ads on yell.com etc xx

Oh little gift bags is a great idea! My daughter would be good at that. Will have a little think. It's so hard to try and think what brings new people to your business without giving away too much
Kirstie x

I'm charging £15.00 then next one half price as all other girls are roughly the same. Will ring around some places tomorow for advertising. My friend was saying word of mouth works best so will just have to wait! I'm scared I'm going to be sitting in my wee room waiting all week LOL!
Kirstie x

Where in Scotland are you kimberly?

Latest posts

Back