Opening A Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
Hiya :biggrin:

So im opening my salon on the 1st of october and still dont no what to do for a great opening day... i was thinking of contacting all my suppliers eg tigi, kadus ect and asking them to send me samples of products to put in a bag for the 1st so many clients to walk through the door.. And to invite local business to come check out my new salon... This is harder than i thought... And nothing seems to be coming together. I dont want to promote this great opening day and nobody actually turn up and if they do i have nothing to offer them.. If i wasnt on such a tight budget i think id of bought products to give away but this isnt an option as stocking my salon is taking up a great chunk of my budget... Does anyone have any advice on what to offer on an opening day... or what to do... This is my 1st salon and i refuse to give in or fail has a salon owner.... so any advice is good advice... PLEASE HELP! Thank you Ryan :)

Can you not get loads of freebies out of your tigi rep as you have done an opening order?? I can guess the answer as it's tigi we are talking about here but worth a shot?!? Friends and family need to tell everyone they know and get them to go too, have you done a countdown sort of thing in your salon window? so everyone knows how long till you open, maybe put the salon number and people that book in within a certain time period get discount?

Hiya, have you considered any of these
* Demos (GHD & hair up are good crowd pleasers)
* Consultations & skin testing (I know this is an obvious 1)
* Discount for on the day booking
* Client contact details for everyone so you can follow up & get feedback

Potential clients love knowledge & skill so in my opinion any money spent should be on making sure you get as many people through the door as you can (along with the obligatory bubbly & nibbles of course)
Hope I've helped a little! Good luck with your business :)

Thank you i was deffo going to do thediscounts for on the day booking. and bubbly and stuff the skin testing thing i have considered so deffo gonna go with that! but yeah thatnk for the advice tigi are crazy. iv literally contacted all my suppliers and not one have got back to me! i quess there only interested in taking your cash ill deffo just be using the wholesalers for my products from now on! :) xx

A friendly face at the door with a glass of fizz or orange.

Someone handing out vouchers and pricelist 10% off your first treatment.

Even like you said a bag with pricelist voucher and samples in...

Balloon outside the front so people know something is going on.

I'd go into local shops near you and personally invite the owners, husbands/wife and staff.

Be chatty and chilled out, maybe have a few nibbles?

Good luck x

I had a therapist go into the town centre and hand out balloons that had free prizes inside. And she would ask the people to come into the salon to get your balloon popped and receive your free prize ( prize was always s treatment offer or bogof offer ) got the clients in. People can't resist a gimmick ! Xx

I had a therapist go into the town centre and hand out balloons that had free prizes inside. And she would ask the people to come into the salon to get your balloon popped and receive your free prize ( prize was always s treatment offer or bogof offer ) got the clients in. People can't resist a gimmick ! Xx

That's great sounds like you have it all covered...u just need support...good luck let us know how you get on x

Hey guys :D just to let you all no my opening was a sucess used alot of your advice and really pulled people in :D i offered half price treatments booked on the day fro october! baloons leaflets. turned out welll.. i think ill do the popping balloons thing aswell iv only just seen your comment but it seems like a really good idea. so ill deffo be doing something like that. Thank you all again really helped me out :D xx

Only just seen this thread but I wanted to wish you the very best for the future of your business :) x

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back