OPI Gelcolor new collection?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaisyMouse

Reaction score
Does anyone know if and when opi are bringing out a new collection of gelcolor?
:D

yes the San Francisco collection is due in September I think. I got an email from Lena White a couple of weeks ago showing the new collection, 12 polishes but not sure how many gel colors.

I wish they would just concentrate on bringing out more GelColor in the Classics range. I always find these random collections a bit hit and miss with the polish and don't want to risk the same thing buying GelColors.

I don't like the fact that the new gelcolor collections disappear when they bring out a new one, like the bond collection, I missed it as I hadn't trained by that point and I loved all the bond colours so would have loved them in gel! I do like their collections like the oz ones are nice but sometimes they sell out so quickly I can't get them! What classic colours would you like them to bring out?

I wish they would bring out more different colours and some glitters, a lot of the colours are the same, and I agree I loved the bond collection but now my gelcolor has run out my clients can't have the same colours :sad:

What kind of colours are in the new collection do you know?

Found this picture, again there are quite a few similar ones. I hoped they would bring out the Minnie Mouse collection in gelcolor

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 5,825
I quite like most of them be good for gel colours as well I think especially that grey/silver one!

What classic colours would you like them to bring out?

Now you've started me!

Got the Blues for Red
Koala Bear-y
A Rose at Dawn
Aphrodite's Pink Nightie
Nomad's Dream
Not So Bora-Bora-ing Pink
Pamplona Purple
Lincoln Park at Midnight
An Affair in Red Square
OPI On Collins Avenue

And "Nice Color Eh?" from the Chicago Collection (I think), Absolutely Alice from the Alice in Wonderland Collection, Blue My Mind, Cuckoo For This Color and Diva of Geneva (both from the Swiss Collection), Dim Sum Plum (from the Hong Kong Collection), Its All Greek to Me.

All were popular as polish colours and it would be nice to see them as GelColors before these new random "limited" collections. I don't want limited collections. One of the great selling points for GelColor is the matching polish range. A limited collection throws that concept out the window. I want to always be able to buy the matching polish.

I would really really really really really love to be able to stock my whole GelColor range in mini bottles - so much easier to sell. I have written to both Lena White and OPI in the US about this but received the standard letters back i.e. "We value feedback from our customers...blah, blah, blah......... " in short "No we are not about to do this, only the person on the switchboard read what you suggested. Go away" :biggrin:

You are all in for a surprise! OPI is coming out with 6 more soft shades, 6 glitter tops, and 6 San Fransisco colors in GelColor. I can't share any more than that at the moment. Plus I can't post pictures from my phone. Lol

Those other collections were limited edition. (Bond, OZ, ext.) So when there gone that's it...

You are all in for a surprise! OPI is coming out with 6 more soft shades, 6 glitter tops, and 6 San Fransisco colors in GelColor. I can't share any more than that at the moment. Plus I can't post pictures from my phone. Lol

Those other collections were limited edition. (Bond, OZ, ext.) So when there gone that's it...

That's the problem, we don't want limited editions in gelcolor, we want them to stay.

I also would like to see all the matching polishes in the mini bottles, the retail would be so much more. I can't see the problem with doing this as they already have the mould for the bottles :irked:

Yeah I love all the new collections Opi bring out but if I was to run out of one a few months down the line say and it was from oz collection I don't know it I could restock. But I always buy the full collections of polishes.

The collections drive me crazy, I realised I'd done a few nail art designs using goldeneye because I love it but yea once it's gone it's gone an I'll have to remove my designs and my colour displays will be wrong :( more classics would be great

Are the glitter tops like the ones in the oz collection?

The collections drive me crazy, I realised I'd done a few nail art designs using goldeneye because I love it but yea once it's gone it's gone an I'll have to remove my designs and my colour displays will be wrong :( more classics would be great

Are the glitter tops like the ones in the oz collection?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Lol

Off topic but there is an offer of a free top coat for ever bottle of polish at the moment. I have just placed an order and have got 29 free to coats!!

For all you opi lovers :)

Off topic but there is an offer of a free top coat for ever bottle of polish at the moment. I have just placed an order and have got 29 free to coats!!

For all you opi lovers :)

Free top Or base they said to me. it's a good offer for retail :)

LolliDolli💋

A free topcoat? Not sure that would be much good to me, full bottles of OPI polish are pretty hard to shift these days. Like I said before, the mini bottles are really easy to retail but so hard to get hold of. If OPI produced a pack containing one mini bottle of polish for every GelColor available, I would buy three packs immediately :)

Come on OPI, listen to your customers - no other gel polish company produce a matching polish range in a mini/affordable size. I can't sell an £11.50 polish as a "just in case" product and at the same time tell the client that their GelColor will last until their next appointment. But a £5 mini bottle will sell easily.

Since most of us have seen a real decline in polish sales since the advent of gel polish, surely OPI themselves have been hit hard by this, a full mini range would boost their sales to salons.

Come on OPI, more classic range GelColors and matching mini polish bottles.. pretty please.

I still retail a lot of polish but not for £11.50. But a complimentary top coat will increase sales!

Agree with above though, pretty please bring out minis to match gelcolor!!!!

I still retail a lot of polish but not for £11.50. But a complimentary top coat will increase sales!

Agree with above though, pretty please bring out minis to match gelcolor!!!!

I nearly choked then. I hadn't thought about the idea of passing on the freebie :smack: I am so tight :)

I'm a GelColor user & lover too.

I think that matching mini polishes would be a great idea too, would sell much easier.

I have to say, I'm always disappointed with the new colour collections. They are always very similar to what is already out. I don't use Gelish but am loving the 'All about the glow' collection. I wish OPI would bring out some more 'daring' colours, some pastles and neons!

Well they have the neon revolution collection out in the states at the moment don't know if it'll make it to gel color but they will hopefully bring it out soon in the uk

Latest posts

Back