OPI GelColor problems-already read the stickeys!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering if someone could help me. I just recently changed my brand to opi but I am having problems with them peeling. I have went and checked that I am doing everything right but it still seems to peel of. The funny part is the base coat is,still left on it just seems to be the colour peeling off. Is anyone else having this problem?

Hiya! There is a technique to OPI which I haven't yet mastered despite using it for over a year now and I have been on the training with OPI.

A few clients can get 4-5 weeks out of them, yet I've done my own and had them lift within a few hours.

I find that going back and capping the edges with the base, colour and top coat does help to give it a more professional look and also makes it last a bit longer.

Also SHAKE! OPI recommend shaking the bottles for a minute before using.

Hope this helps. x

I've never had a problem with the Gelcolor, I really love it. Just make sure the nail plate is super clean with your Nas and you cap the free edge with every layer xx

Hi girls .. I'm new here .. but I will bring back the topic again .. maybe since last year u have new solutions to opi gelcolor ..
I working with the opi gels for 3 years now .. and sometimes the apps going smoothly but sometimes it's a nightmare. .
My problems :
When I file the nail and then buff . I se some dust from the nails left and even if I pass the buffer or wipe it with the alcohol it's still under the nail and when u start applying it's funny shape and rough on the free edge .. maybe u will give me some ideas ..

2. Shrinkage from the free edge .. I try everything applying thickly thinly .. different way of app and still some of the times the gel move back from the free edge an leave white tip of the natural nail . I always putting the gel on 5 fingers and then before curing I going over free edge .. sometimes taping sometimes painting over
I'm waiting for some advise thanks
Ps. Sorry for my English but I'm foreigner so I hope u will understand

For the shrinkage.....
Hi I'm new here too, and I had the same problem so I spoke to my rep. I use Jessica gel, she advised to cure the nail for a few seconds after application. So now I gel one nail cure and whilst that's curing, gel the same nail on the other hand then cure and return to original hand. I do this to all 5 on each hand, when I have done that I gel the whole hand then cure then the other and cure. Hope this helps. Also make sure your first application is thin, second can be thicker and sometime you may need a third depending on the colour.

For the dust I always wipe over after buffing with alcohol to clean the dust away. Or Sometimes I use a brush to help remove dust too, like a big powder brush. And at the end of the application I quickly file the free edge to take off that rough edge.

Hope this helps

For the shrinkage.....
Hi I'm new here too, and I had the same problem so I spoke to my rep. I use Jessica gel, she advised to cure the nail for a few seconds after application. So now I gel one nail cure and whilst that's curing, gel the same nail on the other hand then cure and return to original hand. I do this to all 5 on each hand, when I have done that I gel the whole hand then cure then the other and cure. Hope this helps. Also make sure your first application is thin, second can be thicker and sometime you may need a third depending on the colour.

For the dust I always wipe over after buffing with alcohol to clean the dust away. Or Sometimes I use a brush to help remove dust too, like a big powder brush. And at the end of the application I quickly file the free edge to take off that rough edge.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply.. I'm working in very busy salon so we don't have time to freeze one nail after another .. but I'm doing that in home with my clients and it's work superb ..
About the dust .. I'm using brush .. alcohol everything but sometimes the dust still stay under the nail and then when I apply the gel it's coming out on the free edge ..
Annoying but thanks for your respond anyway

The shrinkage... Apply to 2 nails, cap the free edge and cure. Ensure the gel polish is nice and thin or you cause ripples in curing.

The dust I'm not sure as I don't seem to get this problem

Latest posts

Back