Opi Or Jessica Nail Varnishes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
IM IN NEED OF SOME MORE NAIL VARNISHES,THE SMALL COLLECTION I HAVE ARE FROM THE JESSICA RANGE, I WAS THINKING OF LOOKING AT THE OPI RANGE ,ARE THEY ABOUT THE SAME?BETTER?,DOES IT LAST AS WELL AS JESSICA???:confused:

OPI - I think is as good if not better - also a FAB range of colours and nice new wide brush. Stays on really well . Ihave clients whose feet I do every 5 weeks and their varnish has grown down - not chipped off!! I highly recommend - it's all I use!!
good luck

I have to go for Jessica, had no problems with it and my clients love the colours/how long it's last and how shiny it is and much much more.. xx :hug:

I'd go for OPI, I was trained with it and it's all I use so I guess you could say I'm biased.

I have a client that brings her own Jessica nail varnish to use and I hate it - find it very thick - so much so that the client only likes to have 1 coat of colour as she can't be bothered to wait for it to dry! It's really hard to take off as well I find.

hth xxx

I do adore Jessica products (their hand lotion is divine) but polish wise i've always felt that they don't match the quality of their other products.

I find that a lot of the colours come out so differently than they look in the bottle, and so it can be time consuming testing out colours with people to choose another.

Of course that's just my experience with it.

I think this one is really hard to ask an opinion for, I think generally people like what they trained with and anything new takes alot of getting used to.
I think Jessica have some fantastic looking colours - but it applies really thickly and takes ages to dry.
And OPI I found really watery! I only ever used 1 that wasn't, a bright pink that came out lovely!
But then I love creative colours, not so much range I find, but love workability especially and it lasts absolute ages!

So best thing is to try before you buy! xxx

i love OPI nail varnishes....they have loads at my local Capital and they often have offers on as well...like at Christmas they had little packs of mini varnishes and stuff that were really good value!

the best thing to do is go to your local Capital and have a look for yourself, some lovely colours and give really good coverage!

:)

Hi to all the ladies in England;

Why not go to your local nail supply wholesaler and purchase a competition red from several different polish lines and try them all on yourself - say try going one week with each polish? That way you can compare the polish differences in texture, application, brush, durability, shine, colour clarity, dry time, etc.

My favourite polish lines are: OPI, China Glaze, Creative and Essie. I like them all for different reasons.

OPI has incredible colours and a vast colour selection. I love the big brush and the consistency of the polish.

China Glaze is a first class polish all around, similar to OPI but less well known and with less colour choices.

Creative is an incredible line of products and the company offers fantastic support, but I do not like the shape of the polish bottle nor the small brush. I find the bottle hard to hold in the palm of my left hand and the small brush requires too many strokes to cover medium or large size nails which potentially increases streaking - although it may be a good choice for small nails.

I think Essie is best for their wide range of pale shades which can really expand your French manicure options.

Hope this helps.
Jane
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I think this one is really hard to ask an opinion for, I think generally people like what they trained with and anything new takes alot of getting used to.
I think Jessica have some fantastic looking colours - but it applies really thickly and takes ages to dry.
And OPI I found really watery! I only ever used 1 that wasn't, a bright pink that came out lovely!
But then I love creative colours, not so much range I find, but love workability especially and it lasts absolute ages!

So best thing is to try before you buy! xxx
I am currently trialing polishes and bought some Jessica at the Prof Beauty Show at Excel last week. Now I have to admit that I have not had any formal training with Jessica, but they did show me how to apply the polish.

I agree, so far, that it takes ages to dry. I also applied some to my finger nails on Wednesday and it lifted and peeled off last night!

Now it could be that I am applying it incorrectly as I believe there is a technique, but I followed what I was shown at the show. So far, I am finding the technique very long winded and have yet to be convinced.

I definitely am pleased with my experiences so far with OPI and Creative.

I haven't tried Jessica but I have used OPI - I'm sticking to Creative

I have used both Jessica and OPI, and personally I love OPI and so do my clients.
I love how long they last, the colours are always new and fresh and my clients love this to, also they are featured in mag's regularly so there a hit with editors too!
Which means it sells to clients just from the name alone!

OPI for me. I've got loads. They are always bringing out new colours, paint on really nicely and last really well.

Good Luck whatever you decide x

Hi Debbie,

I would suggest OPI as they are great polishes but also, we have lots of Sallys in Reading so it is just so easy to pop in and get some, whenever you feel like it. So much easier than ordering over the phone and not being able to see / try the colours. (Unless you have a Jessica rep call of course, which is a possibility, but there may be a minimum opening order.)

I have some OPI and Orly (you can get Orly from Southern Beauty in Wokingham) but I have more China Glaze than anything, and they are cheaper than OPI (although that is not why I buy them!)

I have also heard that Jessica take a long time to dry :(

i think opi, jessica polish takes too long to dry. but when it has dried it lasts. also the polish goes thick in the bottle to quick, your never get a whole bottles worth of use out of them. xx

we have opi and its always a big hit, the clients are always thrilled that we use it on their nails. But my preference is China Glaze.

Mmm this has been interesting, and I thought Jessica was the best, doesnt look like it rates too well for drying quick enough ah ?

Well Ive ordered an OPi varnish on Ebay, so will give it a try , thanks for letting me know Zozo that Sallys sell OPI , thats useful to know as there only down the road from me.xx:)

The reason why jessica takes ages to dry if because you're not allying it correctly. You have to apply it with 8-19 strokes. Then it dries faster, much faster. Its lasts forever aswel!

O.P.I all the way chick. It beats Jessica hands down. I use opi for my clients at home and have to use Jessica at work.
Opi lasts on my fingers for well over two weeks and for ever on my toes. No chipping and goes on lovely as the brush is just fab!
Capital do them too and have a lot of choice of colours. So no P&P!!!! xx

for me its Essie then OPI:hug:

I have hundreds of OPI colours and i love them, even ones that are used all the time have never gone gloopy. x

Latest posts

Back