OPI supplier service

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Em.S

Reaction score
Has anyone else been having problems with OPI since they have been taken over by Coty? It's taking at least a week to get orders out, they don't tell me when they are launching new products etc. I just placed an order with HO to receive an email in reply saying that they are not shipping out until 9th July....over 2 weeks. It's a nightmare! Seriously considering another brand. Oh and I am meant to be a platinum account so basically I spend too much money with then and receive awful service!!!

Yes me I signed up for a gold account with lena white but keep getting told all account are the same now and I don't get any benefits that i'am supposed to have my rep has even stopped coming to me as I keep asking her to find out what's happening about it really not happy. Bring back lena white !!!

Such bad customer service, I have been on the receiving end of it too. I can't believe they are totally shutting down for a stock take and the email they sent out didn't even apologise for this. I think they probably feel they don't have to try too hard as they are such a big brand. Such a shame as their products are gorgeous. Compared to people like Louella Belle who literally trip over themselves to provide excellent service they really are very poor.
Hope you get your stuff soon.

I've just read that email I've sent one back literally askbg if this is a joke

But what can we do? They don't care there will always be customers if we change suppliers! [emoji20]

I have to add my experience, which seems at odds with others (mainly). My first order was during the most recent 20% off, and I was warned it would delay the delivery. It took just over a week. Other than that it has been a positive experience. I have my own business advisor who is always lovely and friendly. She responds straightaway to emails/calls and emails me direct with tons of offers. Other than the speed of delivery, I really have no complaints at all. I love how nicely packaged the orders are and the little extras they include. I'm just starting out, so by no means a big spender. I guess I either have low expectations, or I'm lucky enough to have a good advisor.

I have to add my experience, which seems at odds with others (mainly). My first order was during the most recent 20% off, and I was warned it would delay the delivery. It took just over a week. Other than that it has been a positive experience. I have my own business advisor who is always lovely and friendly. She responds straightaway to emails/calls and emails me direct with tons of offers. Other than the speed of delivery, I really have no complaints at all. I love how nicely packaged the orders are and the little extras they include. I'm just starting out, so by no means a big spender. I guess I either have low expectations, or I'm lucky enough to have a good advisor.

What little extras I haven't had any little extras.....I would use a jealous face if I could find out how to use them......I have never had any extras....so upset xx

Lol, it's not exciting enough for a jealous face! I just mean client booklets, OPI bags for retail sales etc, that sort of thing.

Little extras? I have been a customer of theirs for about 12 years, never had a bean from my account manager or anyone else there. I really don't think their customer service has become any worse since the take over by Coty, I think they were always appalling! As for shutting down for a week for stock taking - what a joke. During the 20% sale, I waited three weeks for my order, really unacceptable. I kept being told that they were very busy because of the sale. That's no excuse, you are a distribution company, get all hands on deck and post out the orders. I would put money on the fact that their retail site ships out normally even during a sale, retail seems to be their priority and not the trade.

They take advantage of the fact that they are the authorised supplier in the UK, however, there are so many other companies now selling genuine OPI that I am trying not to order from Coty any more if I can help it.

It also doesn't matter how much you complain, they just ignore it.

Rant over.

Lol, it's not exciting enough for a jealous face! I just mean client booklets, OPI bags for retail sales etc, that sort of thing.

I am with JuicyLucy on this one. Never had any of those now what exactly did you do to get them....come on spill the beans...what have you been up too xx

It's word wide In South Africa the brand OPI has had so many representatives that come and go I don't other taking their cards anymore! Plus now new company take them over as distribution and they seem bit better ... Just slightly '

Little extras? I have been a customer of theirs for about 12 years, never had a bean from my account manager or anyone else there. I really don't think their customer service has become any worse since the take over by Coty, I think they were always appalling! As for shutting down for a week for stock taking - what a joke. During the 20% sale, I waited three weeks for my order, really unacceptable. I kept being told that they were very busy because of the sale. That's no excuse, you are a distribution company, get all hands on deck and post out the orders. I would put money on the fact that their retail site ships out normally even during a sale, retail seems to be their priority and not the trade.

They take advantage of the fact that they are the authorised supplier in the UK, however, there are so many other companies now selling genuine OPI that I am trying not to order from Coty any more if I can help it.

It also doesn't matter how much you complain, they just ignore it.

Rant over.
I have never had any little extras either. I have complained four times about stuff and I am not a complainer usually and have never been given a reply apart from once when of course it was all my own fault. They were bad as Lena White. I did my training at their headquarters and my educator was excellent but in the trade shop they were incredibly rude and behaved as if you could wait forever for them to serve you or sort anything out. I too am trying not to use them but it does seem that other companies are reducing their OPI stock which makes life difficult.
When I placed an order at Xmas I was repeatedly told my order was picked and awaiting shipping but 2 weeks later when I phoned asking about a specific thing I had ordered I was told that it was out of stock and my order hadn't been picked yet. When I said that I had been told it was all in stock and boxed up waiting to go I was called a liar as nobody would have told me that!

I guess I've been lucky and only time will tell if my luck continues. The booklets and bags etc all came without my knowledge in the box, but I do think you can ask for them? My advisor is really helpful and friendly, and so far I've ordered direct through her. Maybe that's why?

Now the "Stock Take". The Trade Shop (anyone else been to it in Watford?) is closed for a full two weeks!!! I promise you, if I just had a pen and pad I could count what they have in that shop in a few hours. No trade deliveries during the warehouse 8 day "Stock Take". It would appear the retail site is unaffected. What a joke of a company.

I've just got back from holiday to find a parcel from Coty with a very nice Infinite Shine kit inside. A little note said it was an apology for the recent delivery problems. Well that made me happy :)

I've just got back from holiday to find a parcel from Coty with a very nice Infinite Shine kit inside. A little note said it was an apology for the recent delivery problems. Well that made me happy :)
I got one too [emoji7] love it! X

OPI trade account is a joke, I buy my files etc in bulk on ebay from the USA and I buy my colours/top/base from a UK website ... I only ever use my trade account if I absolutely have to. I went with OPI because it's a huge brand name and to me it says quality, but if I'd known how bad the service would be, and how difficult it is to actually source anything in the UK, then I would have gone with CND instead. I've spent a fortune on the lamp and gels so can't afford to change over now, however once I've established my business then I might do.

OPI trade account is a joke, I buy my files etc in bulk on ebay from the USA and I buy my colours/top/base from a UK website ... I only ever use my trade account if I absolutely have to. I went with OPI because it's a huge brand name and to me it says quality, but if I'd known how bad the service would be, and how difficult it is to actually source anything in the UK, then I would have gone with CND instead. I've spent a fortune on the lamp and gels so can't afford to change over now, however once I've established my business then I might do.
what have they done to you that was so bad? [emoji37] x

It's so unreliable Jordan, you place an order and pay for it then when you receive the order there are items missing, when you contact them they tell you that they are out of stock and you were only charged for what you received. That's all well and good but it leaves you without products in a country where OPI is not the easiest to source. I also have a couple of items that I wanted, they are out of stock and have been for some time, no-one can tell me when they're are likely to be in stock again ... SO frustrating!

Just useless. I have been trying to re-instate my account for approx 2 weeks now. No one can actually help me at the time when I call, so I just get told that someone will call me back, but they never do.

I only need a few OPI items.. Is there any other legitimate distributor for uk? Salon services don't hold as much OPI stock anymore either.

The staff at Lena White sound like they can't be bothered to talk to you too. Extremely disappointing service. I actually didn't think they were this bad as Lena White.

Latest posts

Back