Opinions on advertising for paying models

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katfin

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

It's now two weeks until I do my Shellac conversion training, I will be offering it mobile.

I still don't have the technique down, although I'm really neat at applying it do all prep work etc as I mentioned in a previous post it is chipping.

My thoughts are to advertise for paying models but I can't decide if to offer it now in the run up the course or be patient and wait two more weeks.

I was thinking of charging half price until I have the certificate, I thought it might be a good way to gain experience and a couple of regulars. The only thing that's holding me back is it chipping and I don't want to give a bad first impression.

What do you think?

Thanks Kat x

Wait! You don't want to give yourself a reputation for chipping nails, even if they are cheap. Clients forget to tell friends that when they are shunning somebodies work!

If you are neat in your work then there isn't anything to actually practice before your conversion course :)

That's what I was thinking really thanks for your reply I think it's wise to wait! X

How are you practicing with s product you not yet qualified in? What's your insurance policy with this? Also how did you get hold of shellac cnd without being or having done a course? I don't mean to sound like a stick in the mud here , just think you should wait till you have done your cnd training first.

My understanding is you don't actually have to be qualified in shellac to carry it out?? I am a customer of sweet squared with certificates in Acrylic also a qualified beauty therapist, i bought my kit from the sweet squared shop in Leeds.I am also qualified in bio sculpture it's just the conversion course in Shellac I am attending. Thanks for your questions but I am waiting for paying clients until I feel I can offer a perfect service

I agree with the others, dont charge till youve got your certificate

Latest posts

Back