Orange roots, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucyrbb

Reaction score
Not a hairdressing professional, training to be a makeup artist-watched a vid on how to turn my gross bleached hair with 3 inches of my natural roots into a perfect balayage...lengths look fantastic, very ashy medium blonde as close as I could get to my natural colour-however I applied this same mix of wella koleston 7/1 and 20% vol developer to my roots also and I its turned them this horrible orange colour?! Tried toning with no luck what should I do? Can't afford salon prices. X ty in advance

Please try a hairdresser. There must be someone in your budget that would be willing to help

Not a hairdressing professional, training to be a makeup artist-watched a vid on how to turn my gross bleached hair with 3 inches of my natural roots into a perfect balayage...lengths look fantastic, very ashy medium blonde as close as I could get to my natural colour-however I applied this same mix of wella koleston 7/1 and 20% vol developer to my roots also and I its turned them this horrible orange colour?! Tried toning with no luck what should I do? Can't afford salon prices. X ty in advance

Hi Lucy and welcome to Salon Geek.

Unfortunately, the hair professionals using the site are not permitted to give detailed technical information or colour formulas to those who are untrained.

If funds are an issue, try a local training college where students are supervised but the cost will be lower.

It goes without saying that experimenting with chemicals, without having any or sufficient knowledge of them, is potentially dangerous and should be avoided.

Latest posts

Back