Ordering from USA to Europe?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynd

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has purchased products from USA to use in their own salon in Europe, particularly Ireland?

I cant find rates of custom duty on polishes and gels... I don't want to order and get slapped with huge import & VAT fees!

Thanks
:confused:

I'm in Switzerland and have ordered stuff from USA, UK and Europe but as we get hit with huge import taxes here I'm very careful about what I order and the quantities.

I try to keep below what seems to be the taxable threshold for CH but do sometimes get hit. However, I'm quite lucky that I can get back to the UK quite easily and cheaply and have visitors who can bring stuff over.

Good luck - I know how difficult it can be sourcing decent products without a rip-off price tag! X

......but it's not a rip off price tag!

The authorised UK distributors ship the products over in a lawful way i.e. flammables by boat, and pay all the import costs and taxes. Obviously this has to affect the prices they charge.
Better that than someone ordering from outwith the UK and having flammable products shipped illegally in the cargo hold of a plane and maybe facing not just a tax bill but a huge fine.

If you have an iphone or ipad theres an app that calculates the duty for you, its called dutycalc

You select what your importing and the value and countries and gives you the import tax youll pay :) its really good

Latest posts

Back