Other ways to promote your mobile business without using social media

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to promote myself a bit more but don't like the use of social media, does anyone have any other successful ways to promote?

I used a fake profile when I started out, to launch my salon page. I'm afraid it's like saying you don't like advertising. It's a necessary evil.
As the link above shows, there are a lot of ways to promote yourself, but the internet is at everyone's fingertips. The first thing we do is search for info.

We do leaflet drops, advertise in the local magazine, we have Facebook, a website and so on. All advertising is a multi pronged approach x

I'm going my first 'active' promotion this weekend. There's a community garden in my area and they're having an open day, when they were advertising stalls available I put in for one, I'll be offering 10 min facial massages for a few pounds but I'll be taking plenty of business cards, price lists etc. I was humming and hawing about doing it but I got in touch with one of the organisers and she was more than happy to include my business in the open day, she's even arranged for me to be placed in the clubhouse rather than at an outdoor stall with a gazebo.

I suppose it's a bit like a face-painting stall for stressed parents lol. I also work one day a week in my local care home, there was some back and forth with the council to ensure my insurance and certificates were a-ok, but it's put me in touch with the staff that work there (who I offer a discount to) and the families of the residents I treat.

I donate gift certificates to raffles for local causes and charities too.

In addition to leaflet drops, I think making close ties to the community you serve is good for building a reputation outwith social media.

Just thought I'd add some unexpected benefits to my stall at the community garden open day - two local newspapers were there, both took pictures of me doing a facial massage, asked about my stall and took away price lists :D

Why don't you like social media? Have you listed on Google Business?

There's a lot of competition for attention on social media, I think there's a lot to be gained from going back to basics as well as reaching out on the www. Plus leafletting is better exercise than creating a Facebook ad lol

I think people expect you to have a presence on social media these days so still worth having a page. People use Facebook like a search engine. I always read the reviews on facebook about a business before using their services. Definitely get involved with the local community, the more you participate in local events and causes the more you become an integral part of your community. Janvenus your ideas are fab!

Latest posts

Back