Ovatu or Schedule?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicola hau

Brow Geek
Reaction score
Guys, looking for the best booking system? Its between Ovatu or Schedule. Which is the easiest to work and i there anything the other condo do?

I use schedul and love it. There's nothing I can fault it on, and it's free!

Have you came across anything that it can't do?

ok, silly question but if people book there own app do you have to input what treatments can be done at certain times or does it work it all out for you. what i mean is... an hd app is 45mins but a lvl is 1hr - how easy is it work all that out?

you put all your services on and the time each service takes, then when they select the service to book it books them for that time frame.

The only thing schedul doesn't do that ovatu does is the ability to take a % of the service cost if the client doesn't show up. Clients input card details when booking, it states that no payment will be taken but if you don't show up or cancel after the allotted time then % will be taken.

It's a good way of reducing cancellations and time wasters, plus give you a bit of security. I'd love schedul to do this!

There are probably more differences but his is the big one for me!

Sound really good. Can they also pay via Ovatu?

I can't answer that 100%, another poster should be able to!

Ok, thank you for all your help so far x

Sound really good. Can they also pay via Ovatu?
With Ovatu you can take deposits on some or all of the treatments via an online payment app.

Vic x

This is exactly what i want to know to, i am basically desperate to try a salon software because i have multiple branches and i need to reduce theft which i have a strong feeling is occurring at the checkout.

My dilema however is implementing a good salon software that is both easy to use and has sufficient features. I have tried many times now to use Schedul and have given up because it lacks a lot of features, ofcourse its free and still being developed with us being the testers and recomending features but i have no problem paying for something that actually has the features i need rather than wait for shedul to finish developing theirs.
Anyway its free so one cant complain really.

My last issue with schedul was i was trying to enter prices for color services, but its impossible to know how much a color service will cost or how long it will take. so i found i cannot enter the sliding scale amount from 50-100 GBP price range in the services section. or perhaps price based on consultation depending on hair length.

Also when clients were doing their own bookings online with regards to color they would but the wrong items in or get confused about what they really need. bleach and additional services and time etc. Also after they book online it gave them a TOTAL PRICE. which was just not correct and causes problem when they get to the salon and it may cost more.

Another issue i have with salon software,we had no way to check if the online bookings were genuine. We get a lot of fake bookings with throw away sim cards and obviously fake emails, ideally we need IP address of each booking which i doubt schedul offer not sure about Ovatu?

Furthermore i think a great idea would be having some sort of backup client database maybe with an ipad (you can walk up to clients and click the correct items and services or enter the correct price for their specific case, clients can also enter name, number and email into the ipad, and then we also take photos of before and after. That way if the wrong price gets entered into checkout i can go back and check the before and after pics and ask why?

Also i think having a photo client data (before and after associated with their name) s a good idea too as we can check previous color history and its more professional. i see someone posted an app here about 6 years ago that did similar but i think its discontinued now.

I really wanted to like schedul as its free, but if anyone knows some better apps that do everything i would love to know?
Or perhaps hairbytor on how they use shedul effectively?

Have a great day!

I don’t know if Ovatu does everything you want. I’m Beauty, not hair. It’s worth downloading it and trying it for free for 30 days and seeing if you can tweak it to work for you x

Does Ovatu allow to block out time in a therapists column for miscellaneous things instead of pre programmed appointments so for example if a therapist is popping out to the doctors can I book the out for an hour with a description as just set up shedul and it's quite restricted and doesn't allow this just to book treatments.

Does Ovatu allow to block out time in a therapists column for miscellaneous things instead of pre programmed appointments so for example if a therapist is popping out to the doctors can I book the out for an hour with a description as just set up shedul and it's quite restricted and doesn't allow this just to book treatments.
We have a client called “STAFF TIME” and a treatment called “TIME BLOCK”. You can adjust the time accordingly and put what it’s for in the notes x

I have shedul and it does allow blocked time? You click the cross when you go onto the page for the day and it brings up a choice of options including blocked time

I have shedul and it does allow blocked time? You click the cross when you go onto the page for the day and it brings up a choice of options including blocked time
Really? I cannot seem to find this it just gives me the option to book in a service

Latest posts

Back