Own wage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiningstar

Reaction score
Hi guys i'm jst starting out with my own business, finished the room got the cards and things and I've got some ppl interested which is great :D i was jst wondering how everyone else works out their wage from their business, obv u have to take out the cost of products and tax and things from the price but do u keep whats left or keep some and keep some back for further growth or 'rainy day' ? I'm also trying to figure out whether to give myself a set hourly wage or different for different treatments. As u can probably tell I've overthought it and thoroughly confused myself so any help really would b greatly appreciated! :) kim Xx
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi ya
I was tha same and I spoke to an accountant, he'll sort my ni and tax out so much easier for me.
I asked him what do I do about paying myself and he said "whatever is left after bills etc is yours".
I do have a business account and I pay cheques into that, I always make sure I have money in that, I don't touch that money so that it can keep going back into the business.

I pay myself a set figure every week come rain or shine, sickness or holidays, the rest goes into the pot to cover (hopefully) every eventuality.

Iv been running a year now & havnt taken a wage since I started which was the advice of the bank we i was starting I had savings to back me up so iv lived on those & i will be giving myself a set weekly wage as of november, it helped me doing it this way so i knew how much i cld pay myself, obviously every1s circumstances are different!!! I opened up with a small client base so i cldnt really predict how much I would make!!

good luck

Dee

xxxx

I pay myslef what I need to keep me going, to pay all personal bills etc. But hopefully if I am as busy as I am now in January then I will up my wages to what I was getting paid in my last job. Prob could afford it now but don't wanna get used to it then take a dip in Jan and be struggling to pay myself it xx

Latest posts

Back