Owner of salon not paid wages!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm asking advise on behalf of my friend.

She left the hell hole she works in today and they haven't paid her. She's been there 19 months and the owner is a law to her own!

My friend never had a contract and gave one week notice (I advised this was sufficient for one year service coming from a recruitment and salon management background)

The owner was vile about her leaving even though she's bullied her the whole way through her being there. They always paid her wages in cash on a Saturday (end of day) but today she said "I'll go through my accountant to pay you and give you your p45,"

...now although she's always paid tax and NI this is usual so she's scared she won't pay her ......Can you advise on next steps to avoid this happening she have no time scale or anything ?

Wages are (£230) x

Last edited:
I was hoping for practical advice something she could do herself x

She could ring ACAS herself. 0300 123 1100
That's very practical. :)
I'm not sure what else you mean?

I wouldn't automatically assume that she won't be paid simply because the salon owner has referred the matter to her accountant to deal with. Presumably, the accountant will ensure all monies owed are paid up to date taking into account any accrued holiday pay as well as issuing her P45.

ACAS will offer practical advice and help her draft a letter if necessary, if the owner appears to be stalling.
It's a pretty straightforward process to sue for outstanding pay.

Has she actually asked when she will get paid.

I pay monthly, if someone goes they always leave at the end of the month when they get paid. I'm not sure how it works if they left 1 week in.

Hey guys Thank you acas were amazing ....wrong of me but I presumed they would be as unhelpful as C.A.B & an appointment would be needed

Thanks all xx

Latest posts

Back