Pamper Parties at home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Rose

Reaction score
I went to a local spa today with a couple of friends and chilled out with a load of water treatments/experiences :green: (best of all it was a freebie - raffle prize)

While we were there we were thinking about how great the hot tub/jacuzzi was and how I should get one for my garden. (would be nice)

Anyway, that got us thinking of the viabilty of doing this ie buying a hot tub but combining it with pamper parties, to help pay for the tub lol.

For those of you who work from home, is this something that you would consider, funds allowing?

Do you think given the correct marketing, you could encourage a small group of people round for a hot tub pamper party?

As a client, would the option of being able to use a hot tub encourage you to book with that company?

We do the occasional pamper party anyway where we go to them, but in this instance, the clients would come to my house, as opposed to my salon where there isn't the room for parties or a hot tub.

Any thoughts or comments, good or bad much appreciated.

x

ooooo I can think of all manner of problems that could arise from that! (proper little ray of sunshine, ain't I!)
Something tells me there would be H & S issues, home insurance issues, water testing requirements, planning issues. Not to mention the potential problem of theft/damage to your home and garden!
Personally I would hate to have a hot tub where other people could wee in it!

hi sarah
I think they are a great idea! I know a girl who has one in a log cabin beside her salon. She does be quite busy but only complaint frim few people has been walking out from the cabin to the salon in a bath robe can be a bit chilly:eek::eek: but other than that itss been great for her. I dont know her personally but i do know of someone who visits there.

What a fantastic idea. I would say look into it from every aspect before you buy it, with insurance etc, but i'm sure you already know that!
My boyfriends mum has one that seats 8, it's really smart. They have patio heaters leading up to it for when you take your robe off.
They are quite hard work to look after though. The balance of the chemicals have to be just right and every time she cleans it she has to leave it 24 hrs with neat chemicals in there.
Also if a person gets in with a slight bit of shampoo in their hair, the whole lot foams up and you need a special solution to pour in to take the suds away. So look at the cost of these solutions also.
I think it's a great idea I would defo come to your house !! :) xxx

It is a nice idea, but to offer this to clients from your home im not sure where you would stand really. I dont think you would get insurance for it. Theres alot of health and safety that goes into having them, the temperature of the water is ideal for breeding bacteria, you can also get legionnaires disease and Cryptosporidium which can kill you from them, you after test the water about 7 times a day, And i would think it would need empted about 2 times a week.

Thanks for the replies so far :hug:

Had thought about the negatives, especially with balancing the chemicals etc. Not sure if it would be too much like hard work.

Will have to ask around locally and do a bit of market research me thinks.

I think though if I did have one my children would suddenly become very popular with all of their friends wanting to come round all the time lol. (me too come to think of it).

There are places you can hire hot tubs for the weekend from. :idea:

Have you thought about joining up with one of these firms and offering a package so that the clients pay for the hire of the tub and the treatments? The client then has the tub for the rest of the weekend to enjoy!

I am glad that you have posted this Cogsi as I have been thinking the same thing!

I have a 6 seat hot tub at the bottom of my garden next to my salon but have only ever used it for personal use. I was considering the implications of using it for clients as everyone comments on how they would love to get in when they see it, but I am having second thoughts now due to some of the posts on here. I do think it's a very appealing idea but just not worth the risk.

Anyway if it has to be emptied twice a week it would not be viable as it takes over 24 hours to reach the correct temperature when it's been emptied and refilled (and the old electric meter spins round faster than a washing machine when it's heating from cold!).

Em x

I have a lovely private outdoor spa at home and had thought of doing the same thing but.. I am one of those,people that will not use someone elses spa pool/hot tub. (not knowing if they are doing all the proper cleaning and testing)so wondered if others felt the same. Also think most ladies that want a pamper party usually want to be drinking as well and I dont want the responsibility of making sure they all get home safely. I would sooner go to them.

i think from a customer point of veiw it would be fantastic and i no me and my m8s would definatly book in, but then there is all the other things that have been mentioned to look into x

I have a lovely private outdoor spa at home and had thought of doing the same thing but.. I am one of those,people that will not use someone elses spa pool/hot tub. (not knowing if they are doing all the proper cleaning and testing)so wondered if others felt the same. Also think most ladies that want a pamper party usually want to be drinking as well and I dont want the responsibility of making sure they all get home safely. I would sooner go to them.

The spa at our local gym displays the water testing record for clients to see although this is still no proof that it's been done. A bit like those toilets that have a notice saying 'this loo was cleaned by so and so 10 minutes ago' but it still looks & smells grim!

Latest posts

Back