Paper diary or booking system?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveLocksx

Reaction score
What are you all preferring! I've tired both and u still am sat on the fence with it all.

I am considering going with phorest what software have you tried, x

Omg paper diary all the way for me, simple, quick and can't crash

With a computer the diary is really just the most basic feature, it's all the other stuff you get that makes it worthwhile. For example with a computer you can

- Easily take your diary anywhere, including on your phone
- Send SMS or email reminders.
- Do marketing to clients easily based on past appointments
- Put online booking on your website

Things like this can easily have a direct impact on your bottom line for not much work. Who wouldn't want a couple of hundred extra £ each month in their pocket?

I switched over some years ago and haven't looked back. I pay for ovatu and it can be used anywhere which has been fab. If your computer crashes it's on your phone, iPad, anywhere!

Clients can book online and you can implement a fee or not. You can even have a booking fee on certain services.

Automatically it sends emails to clients on their birthdays and sending a monthly promo email to clients is really easy. Their costs start from £15 with no upfront costs. Some I looked at were several thousand to get up and running. Support is free and fantastic. I started off thinking I'd try them before I looked anywhere else and now I'm not looking anywhere else.

Vic x

As I work by myself from home paper diary suits me best.
I use the 'week to view' type with all the dates and times already written in.
Very portable between salon , office and kitchen phone. Pencil and eraser always by its side!

Mentioned on another thread, but using shedul.com (it's free permanently for those who register now, so later members will have to pay) or you could google or outlook 365 calendar for scheduling and contact database, which is all free

I've always used a booking system and after reading comment on salon geek I have signed up to Ovatu it's great especially as a new mobile therapist as I don't have the funds for premier spa or phorest at the moment but I do always have a back up in my personal paper diary as from experience these phones and iPads can (but very rarely) let you down.

Paper diary! So easy, easy to rub clients out if need be and cross out any time you need free or catch up time! I don't think I could ever use an online system! [emoji16]

Booking system!! Ovatu is the best thing that's ever happened to my business xxx

I've actually used ovatu for a few months but went back to my paper diary I found it a little complicated for some reason.

I'm using 10to8.com It's free for my current use, and it's really sorted my life out. It's sending sms reminders, offers online booking and allows me to maintain 2-way chat with my clients ahead of bookings. That's really made me look more professional, and can't be achieved with a paper diary. It's 2016, use an web/mobile service, they're not that scary and clumsy anymore! :)

[URL removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask if you are involved in some way with 10to8.com Judie? You have only been a member for an hour and already have made 4 posts all singing the praises of this company??

Hi Loulou, I'm not affiliated with them. But I do like them a lot, and sometimes get overexcited. It's one of the things that really made a difference to how I run my business lately, and was an easy one to share with the community. Looking forward to getting involved in threads on other topics too..

Sorry Judie! Didn't mean to sound rude - I am a cynical witch at times! [emoji6]. Welcome to Salongeeks! X[emoji173]️

No probs! I know where you're coming from! Thanks for the welcome, I'm really liking it so far

I started using shedul.com this week and love it! I am not very computer say but I find this system very easy to use and with all its features I can tell it will also make the book keeping/accounting part of my work so much easier!

I have tried and tried and tried many online booking systems, setmore.com is neat but so far nothing comes near ovatu. Nice design, stock control, reminder messages, bulk messages, emailing, even social media +online booking and easy to use staff rosters. Have to try few to find your favourite I guess :)

Latest posts

Back