paraffin wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
i have a lady coming tomorrow for a manicure and pedicure she always tips me really well.

I usually do a creative spa mani and pedi but i thought i would offer a little treat for a change ...by way of a paraffin wax.

So.....as i will be sanitising her hands and feet and soaking first, i am assuming i am ok to dip straight into the paraffin bath.

I MUCH prefer to do this that the brush on method as you get better coverage (or i do !)

However, the wax i find is REAL hot even though i turn it from melt...to warm for plenty of time b4 i dip.

ANyway what i want to know is...how many time should you dip? i am thinking 2 or 3 ...how long should i leave it on for best results and .....should i chuck away what i peel off which is what i normally do or can it be reused (please dont shout at me :cry: ).

ANy top tips for paraffin wax proceedure would be appreciated !!

thanks

amb x

hi amber

you should dip about 2 or3 times but watch that temp!!!!!!
then cover with a plastic bag and the wrap in a towel

does'nt matter the lengh you leave on and THROW AWAY what you peel off
you naughty girl lol

MINKUS said:
i have a lady coming tomorrow for a manicure and pedicure she always tips me really well.

I usually do a creative spa mani and pedi but i thought i would offer a little treat for a change ...by way of a paraffin wax.

So.....as i will be sanitising her hands and feet and soaking first, i am assuming i am ok to dip straight into the paraffin bath.

I MUCH prefer to do this that the brush on method as you get better coverage (or i do !)

However, the wax i find is REAL hot even though i turn it from melt...to warm for plenty of time b4 i dip.

ANyway what i want to know is...how many time should you dip? i am thinking 2 or 3 ...how long should i leave it on for best results and .....should i chuck away what i peel off which is what i normally do or can it be reused (please dont shout at me :cry: ).

ANy top tips for paraffin wax proceedure would be appreciated !!

thanks

amb x

dont throw it away hun...waste not want not...i dont mid a bit of second hand wax...give me a treatment....lol xxxx

awwwwwwwwah
NailStyle said:
dont throw it away hun...waste not want not...i dont mid a bit of second hand wax...give me a treatment....lol xxxx

ok angie.....i have booked you a facial with it ! lmao

amb x

loverly....cant wait xx

all them lovely strangers dead skincells on your face angie ,,,,ummmmmmmmmmmm
NailStyle said:
loverly....cant wait xx

be good for exfoliating !!!!!!! better than bits of sea salt !

EUCK

MINKUS said:
ok angie.....i have booked you a facial with it ! lmao

amb x

pmsl, now there's a nice thought :eek:

have you tried the strips that you can dip into the wax rather than dipping the clients foot in. They look like fabric wax strips that you dip into the paraffin wax and then mould it around the clients foot.

I've seen them in salons direct catalogue - thought they'd be much better x

I also use a hydration mask instead of paraffin these day's as I find all my clients are amazed with the results.

apply hydration mask (even coverage over the whole of the foot) leave 5-10 mins and then rinse with warm water NO SOAP... wait till they've dried and the heels etc feel fantastic and it feels like a babies bum x

you could try the wax strips (fabric) instead to see how you get on, coz i'm sure that's all they are x

angelxdevil said:
have you tried the strips that you can dip into the wax rather than dipping the clients foot in. They look like fabric wax strips that you dip into the paraffin wax and then mould it around the clients foot.

I've seen them in salons direct catalogue - thought they'd be much better x

I also use a hydration mask instead of paraffin these day's as I find all my clients are amazed with the results.

apply hydration mask (even coverage over the whole of the foot) leave 5-10 mins and then rinse with warm water NO SOAP... wait till they've dried and the heels etc feel fantastic and it feels like a babies bum x

where do i get the hydration mask from matey?

thanks

do you have a sally's or anything near you?

buy the strictly professional hydration mask apply with a spatula and then leave a nice layer (not too thick but thick enough if that makes sense) x

clients like the smell too. I was introduced to hydration mask as a holistic therapist but since becoming a beauty therapist I use it in my luxury manicures and pedicures and clients think it's much much better x

thanks for that hun!

ambx

you are more than welcome honey x

hope you like x

let me know how you get on

Latest posts

Back