Patch test reaction advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifisbeauty

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Just after a bit of advice if you have a chance?

I did a patch test for tinting and lash lift yesterday, and the attached picture is what happened... she said it wasn't hurting or itching etc... i did another test on the opposite ear and it was fine, would you recommend i don't go ahead with the lift and tint?

Thank you!

Fiona

Attachments

• patch 1.jpg
    patch 1.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 66
What is it that she’s reacted to? I personally wouldn’t as reactions get worse the more you come into contact with the chemical. Would she even want to risk it? I’m sure I wouldn’t.

What is it that she’s reacted to? I personally wouldn’t as reactions get worse the more you come into contact with the chemical. Would she even want to risk it? I’m sure I wouldn’t.
It was either the Elleebana perming lotion or the setting lotion i forgot which one i put where....... it was fine on the other ear though and no red spots came up.

It was either the Elleebana perming lotion or the setting lotion i forgot which one i put where....... it was fine on the other ear though and no red spots came up.

I’d advise not to go ahead for 2 reasons.
1. You can’t be 100% certain which product caused the reaction and,
2. Most insurers class any slight reaction as a contra-indication.

In future, it’s imperative that you write on the clients notes exactly how you performed the patch test, including which ear received which chemical.
Although, it’s rare for a patch test to cause any serious harm, it’s not impossible and clients aren’t always truthful. They may have suffered minor reactions previously but not tell you, so it’s vital that you follow your training and stay professional.

Please, never allow a client to convince you to ‘risk it’. It’s your reputation and livelihood as well as their health at risk.

That’s strange. I’ve just started using Elleebana and both of the clients I have patch tested have said they felt no reaction after the patch test but have complained of their eyes feeling sore during the treatment and a burning feeling afterwards. The lift I performed today was a disaster and they basically ‘bent’ up at a 90 degree angle and looked awful.
I followed an online tutorial about how to relax them, but the client still wasn’t happy.
Do you think it’s the product?

Latest posts

Back