Patchy knee

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForYou

Reaction score
Last night I did a tan on a client a d she has messaged me saying she has circles on her knees and I put too much barrier cream on!

What can I do in this situation? I advised her that it could be a few things- residue from a product on her skin or her skin wasn't prepped or exfoliated correctly. She asked if she can use her fake tan to cover it up. I said no as the colours may not match and she could try using a tinted moisturiser? I also suggested to exfoliate the legs to smooth it out.

Is this my fault though is what i'm questioning? I have attached the picture x

Attachments

• 1463216316131.jpg
    1463216316131.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 147
Maybe she knelt down when it was still drying and didn't remember? Doesn't look like you've missed it to be honest. Xx

I never use a barrier cream - just a moisturiser on the usual areas. Never had a problem this way as barrier cream obviously blocks the whole lot. It's not bad from the photo though! All you can offer is to respray her legs again xx

I know for sure that I didn't put the barrier cream past her knee as I know there is no need for it to even be there lol and I defo sprayed her knees.

I couldn't offer her a respray as I was booked the next day and she was going away on the Sunday.

I can only expect that she won't be rebooking with me again :(

Her inside of her other leg looks patchy too. Think it might've been your barrier cream. I don't use it. I tell client to moisturize dry areas - but no less than 1 hour before they come for the tan - to allow it to soak in.
Damage limitation- offer to respray her for free when her holiday tan starts to fade.

She said everywhere else looked great just the knees. Yeah I will offer a free tan I think that's more than reasonable enough.

This is the first time this has ever happened and I do feel really bad.

Thanks for all of your replies though x

I don't think it can be from kneeling, who kneels above the knee?? :D

I would guess it's barrier cream which is why I don't use it, it's obviously going to cause a barrier which would leave white patches which is what's in the picture - I'd have offered her a re-spray and if that wasn't convenient then discount on another tan.

What moisturisers do you guys use instead of barrier cream?

I don't use anything, Unless my clients have EXCESSIVELY DRY knees or elbows, I recommend A LITTLE moisturiser specifically on those areas, other than that, nothing!! I've never understood barrier creams in tanning myself. My clients come to me, shaved/waxed, & exfoliated , with no perfume, deodorant,make-up or moisturiser, (unless otherwise advised!) all of these things can affect the tan being absorbed! Try without anything, if you aren't concerned about someone's dry areas, turn your gun down & just do a very light spray, as you would on hands & feet HTH X

What moisturisers do you guys use instead of barrier cream?
I don't use anything. Just spray a lighter spray over and around knees, hands etc

I use a kaeso one. Just a small little dab on each knee and then elbows and ankles. X

I only apply barrier cream to the nail beds... The client should have been advised of correct prep prior to the tan xx

I always think the barrier cream is really thick, i always use the st tropez no oil moisturiser!

I use the same brand of moisturiser as my tan, LDN Skins X

I always use barrier cream in knees, elbows, nail beds and ankles. Never, ever had a problem. I just use a very small amount.

Latest posts

Back