Pavement board- need permission?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
I am moving premises just a 4 minute walk from where I am already- I wanted to put a pavement advertisement board near my current salon so people can see where we are (I was going to have one saying our name, and arrow in the direction where we now are- and , just past the bridge)

Can I put this anywhere as it won't be on my land so would I need to speak to the council or someone to get permission?

Not sure if anyone knows about this but I would really appreciate any help.

I am moving premises just a 4 minute walk from where I am already- I wanted to put a pavement advertisement board near my current salon so people can see where we are (I was going to have one saying our name, and arrow in the direction where we now are- and , just past the bridge)

Can I put this anywhere as it won't be on my land so would I need to speak to the council or someone to get permission?

Not sure if anyone knows about this but I would really appreciate any help.

Have a word with the local council, and they’ll be able to advise if an ad board contravenes any bye-laws.

Having to spoken to my local council about this. Generally all pavement signage is not allowed, but they tolerate them because they realise business have to draw customers in.

Having said that, one of my husbands customers was fined for having a huge aboard on the pavement 7ft X 4ft. Another was given an asbo for chaining one to a lamppost.

Some councils require a permit for them too.

Best ask to be honest as councils do differ

If you don't own the land, you will almost certainly need permission and a licence!:cool:

Just hang a sign on the door of your current premises and be done with it. Won’t you maintain both premises for at least a month? Moving after all takes time and your current landowner can’t really tell you anything about it.

Our council allow A boards on the pavement - as long as they leave 1 meter to the edge of the pavement , for wheelchairs and buggies passing
Probably different rules everywhere though

Latest posts

Back