PayPal card machine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B.L.B Beauty

Reaction score
Has anyone used or purchased the pay pal card machine? If so what did you think? Do you just link it to a card or bank account?
I am hoping to order one but just wanted to know how it works?
Thanks in advance
X

I swapped to PayPal from Worldpayzinc in December, I love it, loathed WPZ by the end.

I've linked it to my PayPal account which is linked to my business bank account. You transfer the money out of your PayPal account to wherever you want or leave it in there and use PayPal to pay for things if you want.

When you transfer the money out they deduct the fee there and then so no monthly bill to pay. Fees are about the same as WPZ but you get the money quicker in your account.

Card reader and app seem more stable to me, no embarrassing failures so far and the reader holds a charge for several days instead of hours

Great thank you!!! x

Do you think I can use my current account now? I am in the process of creating a business account and I have clients booked I who want to pay by card, can I use my personal account for now? x

Do you think I can use my current account now? I am in the process of creating a business account and I have clients booked I who want to pay by card, can I use my personal account for now? x

You can use any account for it. You can just attach it to your Paypal account that you use for eBay, etc. if you want. It doesn't have to be a seperate account

I use worldpay zing.. and I like it. I shopped around and got a deal of 1.45% per transaction. What I like about it is that I can take payments over the phone or email a secure link for people to pay with ( great when people purchase gift vouchers by phone or email). Also i like the option I have to log all my taking ( cash ones as well) so it keeps my books simple to do.

The down side is that I found it very glitchy with my old android tablet..but it's great with my new Ipad :)

Latest posts

Back