Pedicure soak bowl???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laylah

Reaction score
Ok, now please dont laugh as this is probably going to sound soooo stupid!

Ive started my pedicure unit at college and we have just been using a washing up bowl to soak the feet!
I want to get a bowl of some sort but havent got a clue what to get, dont really want to use a washing-up bowl!!
what do you use? is there anything specifically for this or do you just use any kind of bowl?!!
or does everyone use a foot spa?
im mobile so want something preety easy to carry & light?

sorry if this is dumb or soo obvious!

I used a washing up bowl at college too. At home, I use a foot spa. I have been on the hunt for a sophisticated pedi soak bowl but no luck so far!

some use footspas and some do use washing up bowls! there was a thread on this before hun, do a search x x x

try this one, its the cheapest and best one i could find for the job, and Marco recommended it to me.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4410115.htm

its not too knobbly inside so you can get your hands in, its got heat or heat/bubble or heat/massage bubble options, so you use the bubble or massage option to give their feet a good soak before you start and then just switch to heat only to keep the water warm.

the blue cover at the front comes off, which is really handy because you can take it off to get your hands in to wash the masque off the feet etc, and you can put it back on and rest their foot on the top. It's got a little spout when the cover's on) to empty the water outl

I have just bought a footspa at Argos for £9.99, it is really light and easy to use plus it has'nt got jets on it so product does'nt bung it up! i am mobile aswell and it's really easy to get on with.

Good luck

i also have got the 9.99 foot spa from argos

ok thanks guys, ill get my argos out i think!

yea, the link i put up is the 9.99 one, although when i got it is was 4.99 in the sale!

(i ended up going back for 5 more because all my mates wanted it!)

i dont like footspas, i personally think they are too difficult to sanitise quickly, i went to a catering supply place and bought some really nice stainless steel containers, they are about 2.5 ft long and clients can almost lie thier feet in them , they give me plenty of space to get my hands in (as well as thier feet) and they clean super easy

i use an inflatable foot bowl for my pedicures from the heel to toe range, got mine from sallys and its great, because its an inflatable one its really bouncy and comfortable for your feet and its great for when your mobile because you can just inflate it and de-flate it as you need it. my clients all love it and always comment on how comfortable it is
tara x

I have a foot spa from Super drug and a washing up bowl.
I offer my clients a soak in the foot spa if they would like it but they usually find it too noisey after a while as it is bubbling away and you can't hear over the noise ! So you then have to keep turning it off ! Prehaps if you could get a smart looking washing up that looks nicer ?

you can get nice ceramic bowls like from Next or sumat... Fill This with glass pebbles or petals it looks nice and the pebbles are relaxing on your feet...

i think you are better off with a proper foot spa rather than a bowl, as this will keep the water warm, especially if your doing a luxury pedicure which takes longer and you want to wash off the masque etc.

nailzoo said:
i dont like footspas, i personally think they are too difficult to sanitise quickly, i went to a catering supply place and bought some really nice stainless steel containers, they are about 2.5 ft long and clients can almost lie thier feet in them , they give me plenty of space to get my hands in (as well as thier feet) and they clean super easy

think i do my SUNDAY ROAST in something like this? Must get another one:biggrin:

Tiara said:
i use an inflatable foot bowl for my pedicures from the heel to toe range, got mine from sallys and its great, because its an inflatable one its really bouncy and comfortable for your feet and its great for when your mobile because you can just inflate it and de-flate it as you need it. my clients all love it and always comment on how comfortable it is
tara x

Im with Tiara on this one. The inflatable bowl a nice lilac one Ive got is well comfortable and the clients love it.

Nailzoo using a metal bowl is a cool idea as it will retain the heat!!

Take care xx

Have to say i have a foot spa and a washing up bowl. If its a luxery treatment then i use my foot spa, other wise i use my other bowl.

How much is the one from Sally's? It sounds nice especially being lilac, plus i'm mobile so it would be good for me.

talented talons said:
Have to say i have a foot spa and a washing up bowl. If its a luxery treatment then i use my foot spa, other wise i use my other bowl.

How much is the one from Sally's? It sounds nice especially being lilac, plus i'm mobile so it would be good for me.

It cost me £4.99 if you have a discount card even cheaper.

Take care xx

Hi Layla,

I have a footspa which I don't use. It has only been used a couple of times, in good nick, has various settings and you are welcome to it if you want to collect. I would love to see it going to a good home. PM me if you are interested. I am in Hornchurch.

Latest posts

Back