Percentage of products or just treatments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samantha.c

Reaction score
Hello geeks
Could anyone please tell me how it works when you are a Beauty Therapist paying someone a percentage to use their room... what about the products that I retail? Do I give them a percentage of that as well or just treatments?

Thanks!

You usually pay a percentage of your treatment costs if the salon supplies the products. So 60/40 to the salon. If you’re also retailing products owned by the salon, it starts to get tricky as you could appear to be employed.
If your supplying your own products, generally a set daily or weekly rent is more common.

However, it’s all open to negotiation. There are no rules as to minimum or maximum fees so negotiate hard to get the best deal for you.

In your position, I wouldn’t agree to pay the salon owner a percentage of my profit from sales of my own products!

Thank you for the reply :)

If you are retailing products that you have purchased then you don’t pay anything. However if you retail the salon owners products they should pay you commission.

Latest posts

Back