Perm and extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.Solo

Reaction score
Hi hair geeks,

I'm a beauty geek so need some hair advice.
I had in between chin and shoulder length balyage hair in december.. grown out from a pixie cut! Worked very hard to maintain its condition and went blonde very slowly.
I curled my hair a lot as it is poker straight and trying to grow it out was very mumsy. I decided to get a beachy wave perm. I went to a salon and asked about it because of the bleach, they said it will be fine....
It was not. Its horrific. This was december. Its not a wave or a curl its a mess. And incredibly dry and damaged through the ends. Just awful. I had to have it cut short again, to an inverted bob (just below chin length at the front).

Anyway... I have booked to get extensions. I am planning on having them at or just a bit longer than shoulder length, and they will be fading to blonde through the mids and ends for some depth and to help blend.
What I am concerned about is the 'perm'. I know I can straighten my hair as I do now, but will that affect the way it blends?
The hair extension lady is going to give my hair a good trim to remove some of the dead hair at the ends before fitting. Also will I be able to tie my hair up?
What are your opinions on this - as I have had a horrific hair experience and just really want some beautiful hair and to feel confident again.

Latest posts

Back