Permanent make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sassy Hassy said:
I agree Jenn! I took the view that people will pay hundreds of pounds for hair extensions that may only last a few months. PMU lasts for years and for someone with alopecia, to get out of the shower / pool etc and still have eyebrows is a mega confidence booster.

I have to say I never really promoted mine that well, and typically now that I made the decision to stop doing it til I move, I had 4 enquiries in one week!

To be able to give someone there confidence back is a great feeling....i remember one of my first clients didn't have any eyebrows at all, she was going in to hospital and was worried about her husband seeing her without make up as apparently he had never seen her without make up. once her eyebrows were done she was so pleased, it took all of her worries away.

I have found there are many different reasons why people have pmu done, and for many its that they have tweezed their eyebrows too much and the hairs haven't grown back and it has really bothered them always being aware that they could rub off the eyebrow pencil....the eyebrows shape the face and it really can make a huge difference to the way people feel about themselves.

sass, are you going to continue to offer pmu when you move??

Sassy Hassy said:
It is possible to flush out an "error" with saline. But if you are at all nervous about doing it then it may not be for you. You have to stay cool, calm and collected at all times and be able to put your client at ease.

Sassy is absolutely right, it is possible to correct errors but i have always been taught that mistakes are not an option...you HAVE to get it right....nerves are also not an option!!!!

being able to put clients at ease is extremely important....even though they want the treatment done, before you start they are often nervous as is it fear of the unknown.

Jennykins said:
sass, are you going to continue to offer pmu when you move??

Most definitely! i only stopped as my insurance expired and the place I am licenced to do it is losing the part of the salon I used back to the landlord. I love the transformation and the difference it makes to someone's confidence. It's a bit like plastic surgery, once you have one thing done you want the lot!!! Very addictive!

Surely at first you must have a few nerves.. I am sure I'd be good at something like this but initially the nerves would be there and that is what puts me off. How many hours practice do you need before you can go out and offer the treatments to customers??

Do you offer this as a mobile treatment.

Are there any regulations you need to follow for trading standards??

I was nervous to start with, but you cannot let it show. The people I trained with wouldn't let you take the equipment unless they were confident you could do it alone. I did 5 days of the MOST intensive training I have ever done, never worked so hard in my entire life lol!

I did the one day cosmetic makeup course with LCN to see how I fared. I then watched a treatment being performed and I nearly passed out. But when You are doing it you are concentrating so much that you're not aware of the blood - often there isn't any, but if they are on meds it can be quite a lot, particualrly eyebrows.

I don't do it mobile - wish I could - as my Council are so far up their backsides they are sticklers for the rules. You have to be licensed by the Council to do it. They inspect your equipment and premises, but as with everything it depends how the Council's interpret "the rules". Obviously insurance is a must! It costs about £200 a year. Plus you need to have proper waste disposal, with yellow bags and a yellow bin.

thanks sass thats great advice x

Jennykins said:
my replies are in purple....hope this helps! xx
anymore questions, chuck 'em my way!!

Thanks Jenny,
for the reply re the eye-brow make-up!! Most Imformative!! Shame you don't live closer to me as sounds like you have a lot of experience & would know what to do so would have loved for you to do mine!! I pluck my brows & eventually i believe that they can stop growing back can't bring myself to let em grow though :D !! Its just the worry as someone said of the eye pencil rubbing off plus if you go swimming etc you can't wear it! I have my lashes tinted now & god does it make a difference shame it does last longer than 4 weeks though!!
Thanks again for the info & will have to look into it! My tattooist does them but its whether he's good enough for that sort of thing?!

P.S: Tried to PM you but your INBOX is full!!!:biggrin:

Leah:)

Hi Geeks,

I am a trained Permanent make-up technician and it certainly is not easy to get the business. I am registered with various salons across Scotland who provide the clients for me. I strongly believe that it is the only way to do it.
It is still virtually unheard of up here in Scotland and after 3 yrs I am now getting referrals and previous clients requiring colour boosts or more work.
It certainly is not a treatment for the faint hearted and a huge responsibility. Their is alot more to the treatment than just drawing on a persons face. i have 5 friends who are all beauty therapists and not one of those could be a permanent make up technician.
When deciding who to train with the cost should be the last thing on your mind. Your going to tattoo someones face you can only afford to get the best training possible.
Tracey Simpson of Natural Enhancement was my trainer. I still use her as my mentor and find her expertise, knowledge and her ongoing support invaluable.
Good choice.
Angie.B

:biggrin: Hi,
I have just completed my Semi Permanent make-Up course in London Harley St with Debra Robson-Lawrence, she is fantastic.
Have a look at her web site www.permanent-makeup.com
also......take a look at www.consultingroom.com
Debra has had 10 years ex in cosmetic make overs..& loads of media interest.
you can email her office..they will be happy to help with any questions you have.
Jenny Mosley

Kimmi Rocks said:
Can I just say..............as a possible client, that it's way too over priced. To have it done that is. Yeah, yeah, I know it costs a lot to train but then so do most professions, i.e. Nails, Hair, Alternative Therapies.

Semi Permanent make up and tattooed body art training costs Thousands of pounds initally.
But it doesent stop there .
Then you have the running costs . which are regular and not one offs
Sterilisation
Sanitation
Hygiene
Disposeable needles ect
Local council licence costs
insurance costs
On going training costs
waste removal costs
Rent
Rates
Phone
Stationary
and much more

We don't offer it yet (we will)
but we are Body art Tattooists and we hear the same thing
Oh it should be cheaper
or somewhere else it is cheaper .

You can guarantee that the cheaper tatttooists are cutting costs by cutting HYGIENE and other things so it is NOT safe
you get what you pay for
Tattooing be it either for Make up or Body Art is a skilled profession its not just about sticking a needle in with ink not everyone can do it .

Ruby

Hi Sass

Have i missed your move to Spain

love to hear how you are geeting on and why you dcided to move to Spain

Jenx

Does anyone offer permanent make up. If so I'd love your views on your successes and any probs you have encountered, or any general advice.

The needles and inks cost a fortune so does the insurances and clinical waste disposal you are forced to pay for, then there is licencing for both you and your premesis. also if youre having a permanent thing done to your face why on earth would you go cheap. In my eyes people that under charge must be working unsafely, unhygienically & using cheap pigments that will leave nasty undertones.
Most of the expenses are annual. So the price reflects that & also the experience and skill of the technician x

The needles and inks cost a fortune so does the insurances and clinical waste disposal you are forced to pay for, then there is licencing for both you and your premesis. also if youre having a permanent thing done to your face why on earth would you go cheap. In my eyes people that under charge must be working unsafely, unhygienically & using cheap pigments that will leave nasty undertones.
Most of the expenses are annual. So the price reflects that & also the experience and skill of the technician x

This thread was created in 2004 and last posted to 10 years ago ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back