Personal use of Rio UV Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trishywoo

Reaction score
I have been reading some of the comments made with regards to RIO UV lamp and I would like to ask the following:-

My husband bought me the rio package for Christmas and I have been using it quite sucessfully, just for myself i may add.

my question is this? the woman I used to have my nails done with told me that a UV lamp is a UV lamp and that you can use any and not to get hung up on it.

I have been into Sallys and they sell UV lamps but they dont say they are specifically for a range of products except UV curing products....

Is there likely to be a problem with using other UV Gel with my Rio curing lamp - it is the one from the set costing £80 and is 36w if that helps.

Also, I have recently bought some UV gel topcoat on ebay from hong kong and I have applied this over nail polish on top of uv gel nails.... the topcoat is not setting... is this because it needs to be roughened up first and is not for use on polish?

hope you can give me a little advice

thanks

I have been reading some of the comments made with regards to RIO UV lamp and I would like to ask the following:-

My husband bought me the rio package for Christmas and I have been using it quite sucessfully, just for myself i may add.

my question is this? the woman I used to have my nails done with told me that a UV lamp is a UV lamp and that you can use any and not to get hung up on it.

I have been into Sallys and they sell UV lamps but they dont say they are specifically for a range of products except UV curing products....

Is there likely to be a problem with using other UV Gel with my Rio curing lamp - it is the one from the set costing £80 and is 36w if that helps.

Also, I have recently bought some UV gel topcoat on ebay from hong kong and I have applied this over nail polish on top of uv gel nails.... the topcoat is not setting... is this because it needs to be roughened up first and is not for use on polish?

hope you can give me a little advice

thanks

Without wishing to sound harsh, all of these questions explain why you need training before doing nails even/especially your own...... The Rio lamp will not cure a professional gel product. UV top coat cannot be used over polish, and with respect, how do you expect any professional to advise you on a product bought from Ebay from Hong Kong?

If you want to do your own nails with gel get some training, otherwise you risk overexposure and allergic reactions. Under-cured gel is one if the most common causes of allergic reactions but you cannot tell if gel is fully cured or not by eye.

My advice? Put your Rio products away, book a reputable training course, understand what you are doing and then ask for guidance and troubleshooting.

Hth's

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back