Pink and silver glitter nails pics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Fiona

Would love to see your piccie when done I love to see others work it inspires me too there are not as many piccies posted up on threads anymore I miss them :(
Get posting !!!! :);)

These nails look lovely, but are they gel or acrylic, and what make did you use, I have the mosaic from creative, but they dont have pink. You make me feel like i should start playing with all my glitters and powders..
kathy
Im soooooo stupid, only read the first page, noticed you answered already, so you use odyesy products as well as creative, does that not work out expensive using two different makes, or do you just use osysey for sparkle designs? also if I did french in pink and whitein creative l&p, then decided i wanted to use asysey glitter could i infill with this or do i need to removeor creative products first or is it that you mix there glitter with creative powder and liquid..? sorry asking loads and probaly sounding completje dumb but often seen different powders from other complanies, but not sure how to mmix.

kathyw said:
These nails look lovely, but are they gel or acrylic, and what make did you use, I have the mosaic from creative, but they dont have pink. You make me feel like i should start playing with all my glitters and powders..
kathy
Im soooooo stupid, only read the first page, noticed you answered already, so you use odyesy products as well as creative, does that not work out expensive using two different makes, or do you just use osysey for sparkle designs? also if I did french in pink and whitein creative l&p, then decided i wanted to use asysey glitter could i infill with this or do i need to removeor creative products first or is it that you mix there glitter with creative powder and liquid..? sorry asking loads and probaly sounding completje dumb but often seen different powders from other complanies, but not sure how to mmix.

Hi :) No prob happy to answer your questions.

I used Odysey acrylic for ages and decided I wanted to learn with Creative so have recently been on their course and converted to Creative which I love however I still have some clients who have their odysey acrylic on so use this on them although some have changed to Creative infills now. I havent had a problem infilling the other enhancements with Creative L&p although I wouldnt recommend using A different liquid with a different make powder. I will still stock in a small liquid monomer from Odysey and a brush and their glitters and then for pink and whites use Creative.
If you wanted to do a back fill of glitter acrylic using odysey products then I would use their monomer too as you shouldnt really mix them also use a different brush with a different system.
It does work out a bit more expensive but once you have it it lasts ages.
hth
xx

I love them they are GREAT the colors match and blend very well.

Tricia

They are fab!

Glitters are definately something I need a little extra practise with :|

naturalnails said:
I have been inspired by this. I did a ladies nails with NG Rhinestone Cowboy a couple of weeks ago and when she comes in for her next rebalance they will be needing resmiled. I suggested using Millenium (silver) and she thought that was a great idea. I will try and get a picture when they are done.

Loo they look really lovely! Fiona would love to see what you do with with rhinestone cowboy & millenium. Rhinestone cowboy is wicked, glad I got it, is even better in real life than in the pic........I haven't used it on a real person yet though!I'm still freaking out over barbierella!

Suzie.e said:
Loo they look really lovely! Fiona would love to see what you do with with rhinestone cowboy & millenium. Rhinestone cowboy is wicked, glad I got it, is even better in real life than in the pic........I haven't used it on a real person yet though!I'm still freaking out over barbierella!

hi suzie hows it going are you still filling your own nails what are you having on them for christmas? Hope all is going well.

xx

Gorgeous as always Loo, keep it up darlin :hug:

xxxxx

loo said:
hi suzie hows it going are you still filling your own nails what are you having on them for christmas? Hope all is going well.

xx

Well they need doing -but I haven't had time!! (right hand takes at least 2 hours!!) but the good news is they haven't lifted. I was going to attempt to do ruby slippers on myself for Xmas -but not brave enough!! anyway have got a few nail graphix glitters - just can't decide which to do on myself - they are all so bloomin lovely!!

Suzie.e said:
Well they need doing -but I haven't had time!! (right hand takes at least 2 hours!!) but the good news is they haven't lifted. I was going to attempt to do ruby slippers on myself for Xmas -but not brave enough!! anyway have got a few nail graphix glitters - just can't decide which to do on myself - they are all so bloomin lovely!!

Hi just had a look at the nail graphix they are gorge!!!!! I want sme too lol!!!
Give the ruby slippers a go I would do them too but in pink my fave colour.

loo said:
One of my clients had silver glitter hologram nails for her wedding she came back for her fill and today we decided to do the fill with a lovely pink glitter I have some pics, what do you think I just love the pink it looks more subtle and blends in well with silver though in real life the flash shows it up a bit bolder on pics hope you like them.

xx

Hi Lucy

these are fab, i love em....could you give us step by step what you did?

thanks!

lou x

wow these are gorgeous I wish I lived near to you cos I would be getting these done!!!

HER NAILS LOOK SO GOOD.:cool:

I love them, very nice.

looby4444 said:
Hi Lucy

these are fab, i love em....could you give us step by step what you did?

thanks!

lou x

Hi of course

Here is the step by step.

I had back filled in with the pink and did a rebalance with the acrylic but if I will do a step by step for if you were doing a new set. It is simple really.

Choose your pre mixed glitter colours in my case I have chosen pink and silver and have used a clear acrylic over the nail bed.

Do your steps of prep
Take a nail form and place on the free edge of the nail apply a sculpted tip in silver and leave a small area to sculpt your smile line in pink glitter take it slightly over into the silver and hey presto you have your glitter tip the overlay the whole nail with clear acrylic.
When you start to buff the nail you will see the glitter looking dull dont panic it is still there it just goes a little dull till you buff to a high shine and polish with a clear top coat then they are shiney and really bling bling :)

when the client comes back I will see if I can do some piccies to show you a step by step of the back fill with the glitters but it really is very simple just like doing a pink and white rebalance.

has this worked?

Attachments

• rhinestone cowboy.JPG
    rhinestone cowboy.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 46
sorry - I put the wrong pic in, that was rhinestone cowboy on the nail trainer!
This one is my attempt to rebalance with millenium and pretty in pink from nail graphix - I know I have a long way to go Loo but I tried lol, thanks for the idea:hug:. Does my smile line look too high? My nails are really small and I'm not clever enough to extend my nail bed just yet. Any tips on how to improve would be grateful...

Attachments

• bling nail.JPG
    bling nail.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 66
Suzie.e said:
sorry - I put the wrong pic in, that was rhinestone cowboy on the nail trainer!
This one is my attempt to rebalance with millenium and pretty in pink from nail graphix - I know I have a long way to go Loo but I tried lol, thanks for the idea:hug:. Does my smile line look too high? My nails are really small and I'm not clever enough to extend my nail bed just yet. Any tips on how to improve would be grateful...

Hi Hun very well done !!!! Lovely work they look nice and thin and the smile line is even and neat.
The only tips I can add that you would like for improvement would be to perhaps taper in the side walls to a slight angle on the free edge does this make sense (learnt this from Leighton Denny and have been trying to do this ever since it makes the nail enhancements look really natural a great tip)
Maybe reduce the length slightly so it is in balance with the size of the nail bed. When you have short nail beds ( I have and its a Bugger lol) I try to get the smile line as low as I can in the centre and bring the sides up really smiley and not too straight across this makes my nail beds appear slimmer and longer its a good illusion. I havent tried lengthening the nail bed yet either I was just lucky with the client I did she had long nail beds really good model nails. I am glad you gave it a go though you have done really well and your nail trainer nail silver tip is perfect a really nice smile line and shape Love it!!! Thanks for posting your pics hun xx and give yourself a big pat on the back I think you have done a fab job.:Love:

loo said:
Hi Hun very well done !!!! Lovely work they look nice and thin and the smile line is even and neat.
The only tips I can add that you would like for improvement would be to perhaps taper in the side walls to a slight angle on the free edge does this make sense (learnt this from Leighton Denny and have been trying to do this ever since it makes the nail enhancements look really natural a great tip)
Maybe reduce the length slightly so it is in balance with the size of the nail bed. When you have short nail beds ( I have and its a Bugger lol) I try to get the smile line as low as I can in the centre and bring the sides up really smiley and not too straight across this makes my nail beds appear slimmer and longer its a good illusion. I havent tried lengthening the nail bed yet either I was just lucky with the client I did she had long nail beds really good model nails. I am glad you gave it a go though you have done really well and your nail trainer nail silver tip is perfect a really nice smile line and shape Love it!!! Thanks for posting your pics hun xx and give yourself a big pat on the back I think you have done a fab job.:Love:

Thanks for the advice Loo -I really want to do what you say and taper in the sides, but I'm scared lol....... every time I try to do this one side goes ok then the other goes totally t*ts up. I try to visualise the centre of the free edge and do both sides equal, hold the file at the same angle etc...still goes wrong:Scared: then they end up too short!! they are all the same length/shape so will try to have a go tomorrow and see what happens!

The way Leighton showed me to do it was to hold the file at an angle as though it is facing left to right (mmmm how do I describe it think its a 45 degree angle??? lol)
Then file then very end side of the free edge do it gently and slow and then keep checking the shape your be fine. It took me a while to get used to doing without taking too much off the side and making them a funny shape from looking at a side view but practice makes perfect. Even now I have to be carefull when filing this shape so I dont take it in too much. :) They still look nice as they are though Suzie xx

Latest posts

Back