Pink lipstick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustStef2016

Reaction score
Hello salon geeks, I am very sorry if this comes across as vain. I am fair skinned and struggling to find a pink lipstick that suits me. I can wear blue toned and fuscia pink lipstick . I find icy pink, coral and baby pink looks awful on me. I will attach photo . Ideally looking for a high street brand though don't mind spending up to £25. Thank you in advance .

Attachments

• IMG_0287.JPG
    IMG_0287.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0214.JPG
    IMG_0214.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 54
Your skin tone or colour might be fair but your undertone is what will determine what colour you can actually wear.
1:Easiest way is what Jewellery looks good on you ? Gold or silver ?
2:Look at the veins in your inner arms , are they greenish yellow (you warm) are they blue ish or purple (you cool)
3: take piece white paper stand natural light look at your neck , if your skin shows more red pink tones you cool if goes yellowish you warm.

This will help you find the perfect colour :) xx

Last edited:
Just read your older posts it appears you already or said you were starting out as a mua, so many advise is what you would have already learnt .
Just go to mac and ask to try different pinks. It's free and there is always willing staff to assist you. I enjoy trying lip colours !

Thanks for your replies . My skin tone is neautral which is surprising. I thought I was more on the cool tone side . I recently bought girl about town like a fushia pink and hot gossip mac. From my judgement I suit dark pinks , peachy pinks and rose pinks. I think I was worried I wasn't getting the pink lipstick right because before I did any make up training I wore baby pink lipstick . Like a bubble gum colour and it looked awful . Thank you for the tips and I will go to the mac counter soon x

Latest posts

Back