Planet Blue – do I contact Trading Standards on selling out of date product?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizmo100

Reaction score

Hi this is a bit of a long story but I am really annoyed with Planet Blue – They supplied my Vani-T velocity via my rep. On Saturday I sprayed 4 customers that day took bubble wrap off brand new bottle of Velocity that’s been stored in my cupboard for last 2 months and sprayed them all with velocity – at end of day i had another tan at home to do so i picked up the bottle only to notice it was Liquid Sun!- ive never used before as it’s not an express tan which my clients love – I can’t believe how identical the bottles are and in small writing it says Liquid Sun not only that it expired in November 2009 when they sent it to me in December 2009. The girl from Planet blue called me back today and said I’d had two months to return this and i should have noticed it was the wrong product – I explained the bottle were identical and with the bubble wrap still intact when it was only removed when the first client came in on Saturday morning. Explained I phoned all the clients that day to tell them to keep the solution on (by the time i noticed it was 3pm) these people had valentines dinners and girls nights out that night. It was pretty embarrassing. Planet Blue kept going back to it being my fault for taking 2 months to recognise their error – im afraid there are only so many time you can hear someone say it’s your fault and ignore the fact they are selling out of date solution that’s cost you £75!. Any company worth their salt would resolve the situation as quickly as possible alas things got worse. The girl then said she had left several messages for me to call her and i hadn’t called her about an outstanding invoice. What the girl had done was call my main job completely unrelated to my salon and spoke to two of my colleagues in my absence. In honestly these people didn’t pass on the message but on the day i returned from holiday she was on the phone looking for the invoice to be paid – when I apologised and said i was on holiday and would pay today she said will i call you back 2day or tomorrow!!!! I work in an open plan office so i really had to bite my tongue with her rude attitude! Could I also point out that this invoice was for two bottle of Vani-T from Planet Blue that I never ordered – they just turned up at the shop!!!! I meant to tell them this earlier but to be honest i would be wasting my time telling them as they are right and i am wrong. I explained I worked 7 days a week plus nights to make my business a success because of her calls to my main unrelated job people in my main job now knew what I was doing in my free time which will cause probably with the Board Directors that I currently work for. I told her it was completely unprofessional to contact people at work for paying their bills on a telephone number at an organisation with a different name and when i asked where she got the number she said it must have been from the rep from my first enquiry. What was really upsetting was that she was not concerned about the out of date solution – at the end she said it was not good but still went on about not contacting them with 2 months therefore passing the blame to me! I said I’ve spray customers with out of date solution L I said i wanted a new bottle of Vani-T Velocity by tomorrow and she said she would have to speak to her Manager I said if i did not have a call by 12 today i would be going to Trading Standards!

Without getting personal the girl who spoke to me spoke to me like a piece of dirt last week, did again today – ive worked in customer service earlier in my working career and would never have that attitude with a customer. She made a situation that was solvable escalate into a battle on the phoneL I also found her using my lateness in paying the invoice (this is a one off for me) as leverage in her argument.

Still no call from Planet Blue– not sure best way to progress – I thought we still had Trading Standards offices but is it now a helpline on Consumer Direct? One of my friends said its hit or miss who you get on the line. Anyone got any advice?

As I understand it,and apologies if I am incorrect,but the boards here on SG are not really here for individuals to slate any companies(or each other for that matter)

Your situation is a difficult one now compounded with the fact distribution of the brand has changed however does need to be addressed by someone as it is important to do so:hug:

Whilst we have no obligation to do so I will happily step in as the new distributor for the Vani-T brand and endeavour to resolve your problem.
Just give us a call and im confident that we can get you back on track and one happy Bunnie.

HTH :hug:

Hi Collin

The Director of Planet Blue has now contacted me direct so its only fair he is given the opportunity to rectify the situation. Many thanks for your assistance.

Hi Collin

The Director of Planet Blue has now contacted me direct so its only fair he is given the opportunity to rectify the situation. Many thanks for your assistance.

Glad you managed to get things resolved :hug:

I just looked at the bottom of my new bottles of Vani-T (Velocity and 8%) and they both have dates on the bottom from before I bought them.
I think these must be packaged dates rather than use by dates as these were new bottles from the new distributor. I can't imagine Vani-T would send them out of date bottles.
Hope that helps xx

PS Collin, please correct me if I am wrong here xx

I just looked at the bottom of my new bottles of Vani-T (Velocity and 8%) and they both have dates on the bottom from before I bought them.
I think these must be packaged dates rather than use by dates as these were new bottles from the new distributor. I can't imagine Vani-T would send them out of date bottles.
Hope that helps xx

PS Collin, please correct me if I am wrong here xx

You are correct there Jenx...if you look again at the bottom of the bottle it says MD 21/12/09 ...the MD stands for "manufactured date"

HTH :hug:

Hi I had a look at my velocity bottle and it has DOM plus the date but the bottle that i have the query with has expnov09 ive posted a foto of it in my geek album - obviously they have changed it now to DOM which is much better but mine defo exp nov 09

Hi I had a look at my velocity bottle and it has DOM plus the date but the bottle that i have the query with has expnov09 ive posted a foto of it in my geek album - obviously they have changed it now to DOM which is much better but mine defo exp nov 09

Just had a quick look and you are definitely right, but I really think it must be a mistake as the 8% has only just started to be put into these bottles. I ordered mine from Planet Blue in Dec 09 and it was still in the old style bottles, so yours must have been new stock.

However, you definitely need to get this checked.

On my new bottle (new style) the bit where you have the exp date is completely blank on mine. I only have an MD printed on the underneath of my bottle.

Hope it is sorted soon xx

Latest posts

Back