Planters Warts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Hi there...

My chap has had a wart on his toe for nearly 6 months - his medic as being giving him cryo (?? spellling) treatement and a homecare liquid to put on but they are not shifting!

Is this normal - i've had one wart (veruca) in my life and it went within like 4 weeks with an over the counter ...

Any advise gladly received as my poor chap is not a happy bunny

hi louise i take it his sick bay doesnt get liquid nitrogen if it does this will sort his wart out in a couple of treatments if not,
go to boots and to the pharmacy and ask for wartner it is based on liquid nitrogen, follow the instructions i had a wart on my thumb for a long long time and this shifted it after two applications.
hth
xx

hi dont know if this will help , but has he seen a chiropodist, coz my sister thought she had a wart on her toe, and nothing shifted it , anyway it was soo painful she went to see one and it turned out to be a corn , and he cut it out , and shes been fine ever since, might be worth going , hth

joannerowsell said:
hi louise i take it his sick bay doesnt get liquid nitrogen if it does this will sort his wart out in a couple of treatments if not,
go to boots and to the pharmacy and ask for wartner it is based on liquid nitrogen, follow the instructions i had a wart on my thumb for a long long time and this shifted it after two applications.
hth
xx

Hi Joanne

They did Cryogen!! Which I think is a type or is putting on liquid nitrogen – he must have had at least 10 treatments and I am really worried they could be damaging the tissue around the wart/veruca. One of the nurses that works with the SMO really seems to enjoy the pain it causes him – which really makes me want to go up to camp and put some on her toe and see how she likes it… :twisted:

one day that put that much of this treatment on his toe went black and all blistered he couldn’t even walk….

thats not on if its not working then the medic should refer him to the m.o (medical officer) it sounds like she doesnt know how to properly use it it sholuldnt go any where near the surrounding skin..............i would troop her....lol,
i think the next step could well be a chiropodist if he is not getting any joy from the sickbay.......ooh wouldnt have happened in my day..................lol

joannerowsell said:
thats not on if its not working then the medic should refer him to the m.o (medical officer) it sounds like she doesnt know how to properly use it it sholuldnt go any where near the surrounding skin..............i would troop her....lol,
i think the next step could well be a chiropodist if he is not getting any joy from the sickbay.......ooh wouldnt have happened in my day..................lol

His M.O. aint much cop in my books either, that was proven on another occassion we ended up in A&E as that ***t couldn't take charge :twisted: - I nearly paid for him to go private that time.... they dont seem quite bothered which is scary..

LOL i bet it would have sorted it to..

and i think the chirpodists might be on the cards....

Hi ya

Many moons ago i had a very nasty veruca...it just wouldnt shift....i had cryo...used stuff from chemist....this baby was just not shifting...spoke to a local chiropodist she put some acid paste stuff on it.

You have to keep it covered and water free for a week so foot haning out the shower jobby!!

then went back each week the acid had 'disolved' part of my veruca which she would scalpel off.

Then another application....keep dry for a week etc...back to chiropodist...scalpeled off dead skin....another application and hey presto it was gone.

and as i said it was one big MOMMA of a veruca...try that!!!!

Hope he isnt a wuss!! No it didnt hurt at all.
icon_eek.gif

Latest posts

Back