All your PopIts questions answered here!! The OFFICIAL thread for PopIts Q & A's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny! I am having all the same problems with the "dual system" nails (same thing different name) and it frustrates the HECK out of me! I see all these other techs doing them, I watch the you tube tutorials and STILL get air bubbles, burning and lifting! I am determined though, and glad that someone has deciphered what it is that I'm doing wrong :) Gonna keep trying for sure!

:o Sorry for the question, but I keep seeing pop its here and just :owondered what they are? Am not a nail person so i dont know....please forgive me....:o How do they work ?

sorry if someone has already answered this question... ive hunted but cant find the answer!! :)

how do you sculpt the full nail using popits with l&p ??

ive been using popits for a year or so now and just love the look that they produce and the short time it takes... would prefer to continue using them :) but im trying to figure out if i can get away without using tips

thanks!! x :x

Nikki xx

Yes you can sculpt....
YouTube - Acrylic Nail / Dual System Form / Coverage powder

Louise
Take
Okay here goes.......

I'm a bit miffed really - I am currently wearing a set of popit nails..... and I hate them!!!! Oh dear :eek:.

I want to upload a pic...... but camera is having none of it. Bit concerned that clients like them, coz they look just like them ones you get from boots. Really, really fake. I will be so gutted if my clients would rather these than my usual sets.

My friend did them for me to practice before clients - resulted in bubbles, inconsistent smiles, cracks, lifting already!! been about 24hrs!! Missing half of one and theyre about 5times thicker than nails I would sculpt/tip overlay. also took just as long. Whats going wrong?

And whats with the burning when theyre being put on?? OWWWWW!!!

I had a play around, and I couldnt get the smile line crisp, and there were bubbles. I NEVER have this problem??? Although did have fun making nail art designs in them.

I love custom blends, sculpting, tipping - I guess the creative/artistic side of nails, and I dont know what to do!!! I feel like they are the enemy!!! I want to be able to offer them just like my friend will be doing - but, but, but.....I still want to do it the old way!!!! *stamps feet like small child mid tantrum*

Aaggghhhhh!!! Sorry peeps!! I'm just a grumpy bum, who cant move on in the nail world!!! Please dont go mad!!!

Can someone just confirm with me, if L&P is liquid and powder, I know its prob a silly question, but I have seen it a few times and just want to know for sure xx

Good Day all! I have been lurking and this is my first post. In South Africa, we buy Revolution Nail forms. I have read every single post on this forum. Purely because I hated the experience of using Popits! So yes, it was a battle of victory/failure and failure was no option!

I practised on almost a whole pack of tips on my dummy fingers and bubbles bubbles and lots of trubbles! Then Gigi said something about allowing the bead to settle in the Popit?? How can mine settle when its a fricken cement ball?

Back to the drawing board and this time I immersed my brush into the monomer and only wiped the one side - into the powder for but a brief while and onto the popit! It was settling alright, all the way to the sides! I put the popit down and calmly put my brush into the cleaner, then calmly picked up the popit and turned it over onto the dummy finger. The product seeped out the sides and formed a drop which never dropped. It was sooo cool to see! I really this time (not sqeezing the living blood out of the nailbed!) just just put on pressure and held, then neatly removed my drop that did not drop.

I came up with the most perfect popit! I am hooked! Thank you each and everyone on this forum for all you posts and help. And Gigi "jy mag maar hoor"! Translated, You may, you are good!

Love
Louise
Take Ten Nails n Lashes
South Africa

Good Day all! I have been lurking and this is my first post. In South Africa, we buy Revolution Nail forms. I have read every single post on this forum. Purely because I hated the experience of using Popits! So yes, it was a battle of victory/failure and failure was no option!

I practised on almost a whole pack of tips on my dummy fingers and bubbles bubbles and lots of trubbles! Then Gigi said something about allowing the bead to settle in the Popit?? How can mine settle when its a fricken cement ball?

Back to the drawing board and this time I immersed my brush into the monomer and only wiped the one side - into the powder for but a brief while and onto the popit! It was settling alright, all the way to the sides! I put the popit down and calmly put my brush into the cleaner, then calmly

picked up the popit and turned it over onto the dummy finger. The product seeped out the sides and formed a drop which never dropped. It was sooo cool to see! I really this time (not sqeezing the living blood out of the nailbed!) just just put on pressure and held, then neatly removed my drop that did not drop.

I came up with the most perfect popit! I am hooked! Thank you each and everyone on this forum for all you posts and help. And Gigi "jy mag maar hoor"! Translated, You may, you are good!

Love
Louise
Take Ten Nails n Lashes
South Africa

Thanks for that Louise. What I have always said (as the queen of the PopIt is) .... let the bead settle and use a light touch . You did it and of course it worked. Actually as soon as you click, you wonder how you ever didn't do it right!! :hug:

Ok i know i have posted a thread on the forum but just found this official popit thread - - - i am not going to ask how, u must be gettin fed up of me, but is it possible to use lechat powder gel with popits? Usually u need to do 2 coats of base gel and powder and then 2 coats of top coat so i am thinkin probably not... or just a lot more complicated than illustrated in tutorials / videos i have seen...

That is my question, are PopIts being discontinued?
Just something I heard?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you do a set of PopIits using gel or is it just for acrylic?:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and the instructions are here on the site in the tutorials section.

Yes-I did my first try with LCN Fibrique Gel-over my 3cm natural nails-and it went just great!
Further with PopPits:
long natural nails -never growing 100% straight and right- herewith every nail gets his right direction and shape, and beautiful thin.
I am wearing it now for 10 days-no lifting on the edges, no problem at all.
For my needs-quick and strong nails-I am more than happy :) -now I am able to finish both of my hands the same day :green:

Just cleaning up a litte bit the back side-some nail art on the top-and done!!!!
This is just the first try in a random shape-but have a look.
What is your opinion?

5544813.jpg

Hello fellow Popit users, I have read through all the threads, however have not been able to find an answer to my question, which is why am I getting such a build up at the free edge? When I remove the popit, the free edge looks like an elehant's foot underneath! I am not able to thin it down either as the l&p has obviously dried by then, HELP ME PLEASE! what am I doing wrong? Too much product? I tried less, and resulted in a thin free edge and hence the weakness and breakage!

Thanking anyone in anticipation of a response. xxxxxx

It is very simple. Make sure you press harder on the free edge when you apply the PopIt so that the free edge is thin. It is a simple matter of pressure where it is needed.

Thankyou so much for your quick turnaround, I'm sorry to sound thick, at which point do you press harder at the free edge, after you have rolled your thumb over with even pressure over the cuticle and sidewall to sidewall, as it is at this stage where I see the build up at the free edge, does this mean I am over applying product?
Thanks again in anticipation, I am determined to crack it, I would love to attend your workshop, when are you able to fly to Sweden? :)xx

As I lower the PopIt onto the nail, as the product spreads to the free edge, I press down on the free edge immediately that the product gets to that area while still holding the PopIt securely at the eponychium as I press. Then you can roll your thumb over the surface gently to make sure all is pressed onto the surface. I hope that has answered your question. If not, then let me know. :hug:

You could be using too much product so a lot is pushing out when you apply. Try using an even but quite thin coating so it sits on the nail with gentle pressure and not too much is forced to the free edge. If you find your brush wont move the acrylic gently stroke it away from the nail with the spoon end of your cuticle pusher.Try using them with tips untill you get the feel of them and the amount of product needed. hth x

Last edited:
1. This depends entirely on the temperature of the product and your surroundings. If the client's hands are nice and warm, then 15 seconds is usually ample time before you release the pressure and go onto the the next PopIt.

As for SETTING .. the colder it is, the longer the set time ... just as usual. 3 minutes is usually ample for set time.

2. You will have to experiment with this. I have found that if the PopIt fits from side wall to side wall, this is sufficient for the product to cover the entire nail. If you are finding it is not, with the pressure you use, then try a larger size but personally I have no trouble with the side wall to side wall rule.

Hi Greg

Is there any workshops/training for using popIts, they look fab but new to nails so do you think it would be best to master my gel nails first?

Pauline:rolleyes:

Fellow L&P, popit users, I refuse to give in, and yes I would love to attend a course tooo if not just to ask and see a LOW ODOUR MONOMOR being used and if it has, has it been sucessful? I have tried and tried to get this right, sometimes it goes on fine but not strong enough as a stand along product, i.e not over a tip. Any suggestions or should I be using the original Strong foul smelling monomour? Thanking you in advance as my reputation at stake!

Latest posts

Back