Pop up nail bar in clothes shop

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netsrik

Reaction score
Hi geeks just looking for some advice..have done a search on here but not found what I'm looking for.

I live in a small village and have been looking for premises in nearby villages for a while with no luck so currently mobile offering Shellac nails. (I'm also trained in brows and lashes but don't currently offer that service mobile)

A school mum owns a little boutique in the village and has asked me to go in and have a chat with her about renting a little space in the shop. There is currently no other beauty place in the village so there is a market for it but just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation and how much you would look to pay per day?

Thanks xx

Hi netsrik! This sounds like a fab idea as would be plenty of passing customers you would get to showcase your skills too.

There is two ways I can think of to go about it, either on a commission bases i.e 60/40 this would mean if you didn't get any clients you would not be out of pocket, or rent on a day by day bases.

In my salon I have rented a nail table out for £25/£30 per day, this may obviously be different as it's different location and circumstances.

Hope this helps [emoji3]

I would go for a daily rate .....it stops complications Especially after stock card charges ect. Daily rate of 25/ 30 is the norm and what lovely idea! Good luck xx

Aw thanks ladies I was thinking about the £25 mark but just valued others opinions before I go down tomorrow to have a chat with her. I know she often holds ladies evenings so could be something I can get involved in too. My only worry is it's such a quiet little town at the moment and only busy in the summer but could do leaflets round the doors and in the shop so would help to get my name out there x

My other worry is would you be put off getting your nails done in this type of environment? It's not your typical busy high street store so wouldn't be huge volumes of people in at one time

It wouldn't put me off… in fact it will probably create a really nice atmosphere if people are coming and going chatting to each other. You could start a promotion through the shop, with a price list and promo voucher inside the carrier bag when they buy something (for new custom obvs!) and then recommend a friend schemes which works for you and your shop owner friend! I think its a lovely idea. There is a barbers in our area that is a funky clothes & furniture shop at the front & a barber with a bar at the back… wish I was a man so I could go for a beard trim, haircut & new jeans!!

That's a really good idea! It's quite a large shop so would probably be out front in amongst it?! Going to see her tomorrow so will see how it goes and if it could work!

Sounds fab! Best of luck x

This is a great idea for yourself and the shop owner! I occasionally rent one of my rooms out to a Botox Practitioner and charge her £30 for a few hours, I guess you could ask her if you could do it by a percentage, so say for every £10 you make you give her a few pounds? Then once you've got your regular clients and plenty of bookings discuss a set weekly rate.

Hi I currently own a clothing shop, and I'm a qualified nail tech/beautician. We have just opened up a corner to do nails and a room at the back is our beauty room.
Go for it, it will work well for the shop owner and yourself as when people are shopping they will ask about the nail ect and visa versa.

I decided not to go ahead with it as she changed her mind and thought it would only work at times when she was closed and that I used the fitting room for treatments [emoji53] x

I decided not to go ahead with it as she changed her mind and thought it would only work at times when she was closed and that I used the fitting room for treatments [emoji53] x

Oh no! Well it's inspiration love ...Try another! Everything happens for a reason x

Oh no! Well it's inspiration love ...Try another! Everything happens for a reason x
Indeed! Hoping something else comes along soon! X

Latest posts

Back