Possible Help for Newbies -Marketing Tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abook

Reaction score
As I have clicked through some of the threads on here I have noticed some newbies asking for startup ideas. I thought I would possibly post something that might help, and hope that I'm not out of line doing this because I found it really helped my business. :green: After being a slave to salon owners on and off for the last 6-7 years, not being able to be 100% of the nail tech I wanted to be, I decided it was time to go out on my own. I opened my own shop out of my house and was very scared that I wouldn't make it, partly due to the fact that I live in a very small town, and also because we now have two "discount / quick shops" here, so competition is fierce.

After my start up cost, and not holding back on everything I wanted to get my studio where I wanted it, I realized I didn't have the money for advertising. I had my own client base, but noticed that working for myself now meant I had room for plenty more. So, I networked! It has worked so greatly for me. The first two weeks my phone barely rang. I contacted some local business owners and shared information and products. I have a specific spot set up in my studio where I sell products and promote the businesses I have networked with. There is no charge involved, it's simple information exchange!

I would get their info, give them mine, and sometimes they would give me little goody bags or baskets to put on display, and I would mention it to all my clients before they left allowing them to take a look at everything! In exchange I have an awesome referral program that if the client has mentioned they heard of me from one of those businesses they receive great specials, and some added extras, and the businesses have done the same if my client goes to see them afterward. It has almost doubled my business and really helped to steady returning and great clients for me.

I just thought I would share this for some new techs out there who are making their break, and needing to watch their budget, especially with these trying financial times! Good luck to you all!:hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there

What a fantastic idea! I know we've all heard of things like breakfast clubs/networking groups before and obviously handing cards etc out to local businesses has been mentioned before, but to actually showcase other businesses is brilliant!

thumbs up for this one!:)

Latest posts

Back