Possible problem with new formula Minx?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rai29

Reaction score
I had a new client in today for Minx toes, all went well, all the Minx seemed to be sealed perfectly, wrinkle free etc. I had a message from the new client four hours later saying that one of the Minx has come off completely, and one is partially off.

I prepped for the Minx as I usually do (which normally lasts at least 4 - 6 weeks):

- CND Foot Soak (whilst doing client record card & choosing Minx)
- Dry feet & remove any old product
- Cuticle tidy (using Bio Sculpture Gel cuticle remover)
- Cleanse (using Bio Sculpture dual cleanser)
- Buff nail / remove surface shine & cleanse / dehydrate (using NSI Nail Pure Plus)
- Apply heat to Minx & apply to toes.

Has anyone else had this problem? The Minx design that she chose had only just been delivered today about an hour before her appointment. It's also her first time having any nail wrap, Minx or any other brand.

I have been using Minx now for two years and have never had any problems at all.

I have just put an order in, will let you no how i get on with them :)

I've been using them for a few weeks now and haven't had any problems so far. How would one just come off?-surely she or her shoes must have helped it along somehow? As she's never had a nail wrap before, I suspect this may be the case.
The only other thing I can think is the foot soak; I've never soaked feet prior to Minx as this would cause the nail plate to swell and then the Minx could lift as the water evaporates back out of the nail, shrinking it back.
You also don't need to remove shine at all for Minx xx

I've been using them for a few weeks now and haven't had any problems so far. How would one just come off?-surely she or her shoes must have helped it along somehow? As she's never had a nail wrap before, I suspect this may be the case.
The only other thing I can think is the foot soak; I've never soaked feet prior to Minx as this would cause the nail plate to swell and then the Minx could lift as the water evaporates back out of the nail, shrinking it back.
You also don't need to remove shine at all for Minx xx

Thanks, she is coming back today for me to reapply them. So will try without the foot soak.

Hi im on day two with mine on my fingers nails and so far they have been ok. I did have to clip them however as filing didnt seem to leave a seamless free edge??

I had a new client in today for Minx toes, all went well, all the Minx seemed to be sealed perfectly, wrinkle free etc. I had a message from the new client four hours later saying that one of the Minx has come off completely, and one is partially off.

I prepped for the Minx as I usually do (which normally lasts at least 4 - 6 weeks):

- CND Foot Soak (whilst doing client record card & choosing Minx)
- Dry feet & remove any old product
- Cuticle tidy (using Bio Sculpture Gel cuticle remover)
- Cleanse (using Bio Sculpture dual cleanser)
- Buff nail / remove surface shine & cleanse / dehydrate (using NSI Nail Pure Plus)
- Apply heat to Minx & apply to toes.

Has anyone else had this problem? The Minx design that she chose had only just been delivered today about an hour before her appointment. It's also her first time having any nail wrap, Minx or any other brand.

I have been using Minx now for two years and have never had any problems at all.

Mine are peeling already to :(

Thanks for the advice. I normally cut & file the Minx to shape them to toes, I don't Minx fingers at the moment. At my training I was told that Minx wouldn't last as long on fingers as they are in and out of water etc more than toes, and to put a gel top coat on fingers / toes if needed.

When the client came back to have her Minx toes replaced, it was clear that she had been pulling at them. She also admitted that she had been in a hot bath with an hour or so of having them applied, (ignoring the aftercare I had given her).

Thanks for the advice. I normally cut & file the Minx to shape them to toes, I don't Minx fingers at the moment. At my training I was told that Minx wouldn't last as long on fingers as they are in and out of water etc more than toes, and to put a gel top coat on fingers / toes if needed.

When the client came back to have her Minx toes replaced, it was clear that she had been pulling at them. She also admitted that she had been in a hot bath with an hour or so of having them applied, (ignoring the aftercare I had given her).

I will have to try my toes :), thank you for the tip of putting a gel top on, i will give that ago.
That explains the damage to yours then.
How much do you charge, if you dont mind me asking.

Would a gel polish top coat work??

Hi everyone, I have a nail bar in London and 3 of our nail techs are Minx technicians. The new formula is causing us major issues, so much so that I have cancelled our appts and sending my Senior on training again in August for the new formula to check we are doing everything right. Every single client has had issues with the new formula, peeling, lifting, smashing immediately in one case! So disappointed and frustrated, we feel the new product is thinner and not as good quality. It's harder to apply for the girls as well. We are going to try to make it work as it's such a popular treatment but I would prefer to pay more for the old one, only it's no available at all.

Hi everyone, I have a nail bar in London and 3 of our nail techs are Minx technicians. The new formula is causing us major issues, so much so that I have cancelled our appts and sending my Senior on training again in August for the new formula to check we are doing everything right. Every single client has had issues with the new formula, peeling, lifting, smashing immediately in one case! So disappointed and frustrated, we feel the new product is thinner and not as good quality. It's harder to apply for the girls as well. We are going to try to make it work as it's such a popular treatment but I would prefer to pay more for the old one, only it's no available at all.
Im not liking the new formula either. Ive had no problems in all the years that ive done Minx, but i dont like the quality of the new ones.

Latest posts

Back