Possible reaction to Nourishing Remover?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollysRose

Reaction score
I qualified in Gel Extensions last month and I bought the CND Brisa Lite Sculpting kit from S2 pretty much straight away. The first person I used these products on was my mum, they seemed good and lasted well. She had no problems with the Gel or Shellac, which I put on top. However, this morning when I tried to remove them she complained of her fingers being painful. I soaked a bit of cotton pad in CND Nourishing Remover (the one that came with the kit), wrapped it round her nail and left it for 30 minutes. She said it felt warm but not uncomfortable, but when I removed the first foil she said all of her fingers were suddenly incredibly painful. I took the rest off quickly and the pain lasted around 10 minutes. They were a little red but not much and after 10 mins she said they felt fine and completely back to normal. Could this be a reaction to the Remover? I've never used the remover before as this is my first time doing a full set on anyone.

Also, when I took the foil off the Gel was still almost completely intact. I couldn't get it off easily with an orangewood stick, I had filed the Shellac off before wrapping. I couldn't re-wrap it as it was too painful for her. She does have Fibromyalgia - could this have something to do with it?

Last edited:
Just bumping to see if anyone can advise. I'm thinking it is a reaction but as I'm new to the Nourishing Remover I'd like someone to clarify if I'm right.

I have never heard of a reaction like this before to any kind of remover, therefore can't help.
Over and above this reaction I don't understand how nothing had budged after 30 minutes in foil.
If I were you I would contact your CND Educator or Sweet Squared for some advice

The reaction part I'm not sure, but with Brisa lite not budging is because you need to debulk the enhancement by about 80-90 % by filing, which shouldn't be too bad to do if you haven't applied waaay too thick to begin with... You need to reduce it down to only a thin layer and then soak it off, you said you only filed the shellac off which is only a very thin top layer and not the enhancement at all.. You could try using DSolve or another pure acetone, and hopefully your mum won't react to that, x

The reaction part I'm not sure, but with Brisa lite not budging is because you need to debulk the enhancement by about 80-90 % by filing, which shouldn't be too bad to do if you haven't applied waaay too thick to begin with... You need to reduce it down to only a thin layer and then soak it off, you said you only filed the shellac off which is only a very thin top layer and not the enhancement at all.. You could try using DSolve or another pure acetone, and hopefully your mum won't react to that, x

Thanks for your replies. I completely forgot about filing it down, my mind seems to go blank as soon as I start doing it - lucky I'm not charging yet!
I'll contact S2 to ask for their advise. :)

I suspect after 30 minutes the acetone in the NR had evaporated and the gel hardened again. I currently have Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel as an overlay on my natural nails. I used to soak off but now, I just infill as I normally would hard gel. I actually have less lifting at the cuticle with the soak off gel than Brisa.
Try soaking for 10 minutes, remove what you can gently with a stick, apply more NR to pads and rewrap for another 10 minutes. My fingers would get a bit warm too and most of the gel would come off in one piece if it wasn't too thick.
If your mum has sensitive skin and nerve sensitivity, I suspect that 30 minutes is too long to be exposed. Maybe try filing and infilling without using NR like I do.

Latest posts

Back