Pre bonding tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KittyKat17

Reaction score
Hi guys
Looking for some pre bonding advice as although I've done it a few times I still feel somethings not right as I still see shedding and the bond breaking down a lot quicker in maintenance compared to the pre bonded ones I do.
I've so far used keratin glue sticks with my glue gun and bonding it together using my bonding heated tool then rolled together with my fingers and snipped the end if needed. Any tips? Is this the best way? X

Surely someone out there must be able to help??:(

Just buy pre tipped, much easier! :)

Wefted hair is best cut into the right size sections first

grab a strand of hair and cut the weft/stitched part of at the top, fan the hair out whilst in your fingers and flick the top little hairs out. Whilst the hair is fanned out just place it under the adhesive gun and pull the trigger and release a little bit of adhesive on the top of the tip and then turn over and do the other side. Roll the tip into a bond and then once dried within a couple of seconds cut the tip to size. If rolled correctly then the adhesive will have gone all through the tip of the hair.

Great advice from Lancashirelass... only thing I would add is that you have to roll with a little more pressure than you think to work the adhesive right through the bond, if you get what I mean, otherwise it just coats around the outside hairs and doesn't make a truly hard pre bond therefore more susceptible to shedding and breaking down x

I have been pretipping for years and offer this out as a service, I pretip for lots of clients across the country including hair suppliers.

I find it easy and they dont shed at all but that depends on the technique, I use the silicone finger and thumb protectors and I go through tons of these each year. I dont have to put lots of pressure on the tips though.

I have been pretipping for years and offer this out as a service, I pretip for lots of clients across the country including hair suppliers.

I find it easy and they dont shed at all but that depends on the technique, I use the silicone finger and thumb protectors and I go through tons of these each year. I dont have to put lots of pressure on the tips though.

Maybe I'll send them to you then because it hurts my fingers after a while :wink2:

Where do you get your protectors from may I ask? Because the only ones I have found are pretty much like the fingers of rubber gloves cut off and as soon as I start to roll they just roll up too :rolleyes: I do tend to have very slippy fingers :eek:, which is probably why I have to use a bit more pressure than yourself, as otherwise the bond slips rather than rolls with me and then the adhesive is not hard inside :rolleyes:

x

I buy them in bulk from abroad, if you want to send me your hair pm me for details

Latest posts

Back