Can pregnancy cause lifting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissKeelyfx

get nailed by keely
Reaction score
My client is one of my best regulars and I have been doing her nails for about a year.
The last few sets I've done for her don't last as long as usual, in fact she's having lifting after a couple of days now.
She is pregnant and I have suggested that that is the reason but she doesn't believe me.
I have even used an extra strength bonder but they still lift.
Please could someone confirm my suspicions and maybe suggest something I can do.
She is due in 2 months so I suggested she waits.

Last edited:
Yes, I believe so.

I am open to being corrected but whilst I was pregnant I couldn't wear Shellac for toffee. It would peel off a few days after application and it drove me mad as I can usually keep it on for 2-3 weeks easily.

Once I'd had my son, I started having Shellac again after a few months and it was fine again. I'm quite sure it is hormonal.

Absolutely! We all know pregnancy effects the nails and hair anyway because of hormonal changes and for some women this means they can't wear nail coating as they did before. Nails will frequently grow faster when pregnant and often nails will become harder and therefore more brittle. Alternatively some find their nails get softer and more flexible. They usually return to normal once they have given birth.

Im having the same problem. Im 28 weeks pregnant and my gels are lifting off after a few days. .

Everything I've experienced says yes! :p

In fact I have told many of my ladies they are pregnant before they have known for sure, and those who were keeping it quiet for the standard 12 weeks :cool:

Does anyone know if it'll be the same while she is breast feeding?

Does anyone know if it'll be the same while she is breast feeding?

That's a bit hit and miss, with some of mine yes, it took their periods to return before we noticed a return to normal, others it's been fairly quickly, some sadly have never made it back after baby so I couldn't say! :p:(

I got told it would lift with pregnant people and people going through the menopause x

I got told it would lift with pregnant people and people going through the menopause x
It will vary from person to person. We react differently to different hormonal levels. If menopausal women always had lifting I'd be out of business lol

Latest posts

Back