Pregnancy & nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lea6

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Does any know if acrylic products are safe to use on a pregnant woman?
& what if you yourself are pregnant & constantly inhaling the fumes?

Lea

I would do a search as this has been discussed before as it is a common issue.

I have been a nail tech for 16 years and worked through all 3 of my pregnancies without any problems. My kids turned out a lil mad but then so is their mum (ohh,,yer,,,thats me!) :o

Follow all H & S inc COSHH
take regular breaks
have good ventilation/extraction
wear comfy clothes

and eat loads of chocolate (thats not in the rules but it worked for me!) :biggrin:

Hi

I worked through my pregnancy up until 3 days before I gave birth. we had a risk assessment taken out when I found out I was pregnant and it was fine. I think the key thing is to always use ventilation, always empty any bins with product waste in before leaving the salon so the smell/fumes do not linger over night and as my husband said do not drink any monomer!! Hope this helps you.:smack: :smack:

Just as a point of detail (sorry, but I'm a bit picky!!), we do not make 'fumes' when we do nails we have 'vapours' - fumes are what a car makes carried in smoke, vapours are what perfume evaporating into the air would make.

Also, with adequate ventilation and sensible working practice (metal bin with lid etc.) the vapours are way below any level considered harmful.

HTH's

MY daughter worked for as long as she could when she was expecting her twin boys....and they are very healthy active little boys.. like Marco said to Pally, if you dont drink the stuff .... no harm done...good ventilation, taking frequent rests from your station,some moving around, comfy clothes and the chair at the right hight and oh yes chocolate is a must lol xxxx

Although individual experiences are good to hear, when a person asks this type of very important question I think they need the facts rather than personal experiences if they are going to have their mind put at rest.

The facts are that nail products are safe to use and have been designated as safe to use by the FDA even while pregnant. Thousands of nail technicians have been using nail products perfectly safely for more than 25 years while pregnant and nail products have never proved to be the cause of problems during pregnancy.

Do follow manufacturer's advise re 'clean air' and of course be vigilant in following COSHH guidelines when working with chemical substances at all times.

Latest posts

Back