Price increase advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkdiamonds66

Reaction score
I’m going to be upping my prices in February, I know I’m cheap, but I have my reasons, I was going to up by £5. What do you all think? How do I mention that I will be upping the prices?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1512761643.950519.jpg

Your way cheaper then the cheap shops, so bringing then up by £5 would probably just bring you back inline with them, I paid £32 I think in bluewater for a set of acylic so £20 is very very reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know :/ worried I’m too cheap

Way too cheap! Don’t undersell yourself xx

Being too cheap can actually put clients off

Feel very disheartened, feel like I’ve put my prices too cheap to ever increase

Feel very disheartened, feel like I’ve put my prices too cheap to ever increase
How long have you been trading? Could you get away with saying, "my Introductory Offer period has now ended"?

Possibly yes, I’ve been doing it since about August

£10 Pedicure :eek::eek::eek:
I would personally never go somewhere that did a pedicure for a tenner. As others have said, it can put people off if you're too cheap.

When I increase my prices I usually let my regulars know by mass text that their treatment will be more at their next appointment. As for everyone else, I don't bother telling them in advance. I just change the prices on my price lists, social media, website etc etc. You could do a Facebook post with the image that you put on here showing exactly what your new prices are. Although I really would consider increasing them further tbh.

What did you bench mark your original pricing structure against? As for an increase, as has already been said.... tell your existing (regular) clients that you're implementing an increase in line with product costs / training / overheads etc, and just start putting your new price list out there with no explanation to everyone else. As Blossom says, you can always say that the original prices were an initial 6month offer only. If your regulars are happy with your service (and your increase is justifiable) they won't bat an eyelid. And if they do jump ship to go somewhere cheaper, you don't want them as a client Quality costs!

Definitely go down the line of saying your introductory prices are coming to an end from xx date.
I give my clients warning through my regular email newsletter and then hand them a new price list at their next appointment. I change the prices on my website close to when they go up.

I would take a good look at what the salons around you are charging and get close to that.
I will be charging £24 for a standard shellac manicure or pedi. Nail art is extra .
Just bite the bullet and do it!

I’d say your introductory prices are coming to an end! Don’t undersell yourself. It’s so hard with all the competition out there but your skilled and you should value your worth x

Thank you all!

Problem is everyone around me is £40, I can’t up my prices that much!

Would £5 extra on all treatments be ok?

It was £10 for cuticle work, shape and gel polish.

I can’t up my prices too much to begin with can I?

A hairdressing friend of mine had the same problem when she took over a hair salon. She tackled the low pricing problem by doing a price rise of 10% every six months until it was up where it needed to be to make a profitable business. Years later she is still going strong with full appointment books.

There is no point working twice as hard for half the price. £10 pedicure minus your products are you actually paying yourself minimum wage??

Would you all recommend waiting till February to increase?

Would you all recommend waiting till February to increase?

You could do! Maybe do a bit of rebranding as well. If your updating price lists maybe put it down to new products and services. If that makes you feel more comfortable x

You could do! Maybe do a bit of rebranding as well. If your updating price lists maybe put it down to new products and services. If that makes you feel more comfortable x

Sorry I’m a bit confused. I thought feb as January people are strapped for cash

Latest posts

Back