prices to charge for nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathyw

Reaction score
Hi wonder if any one can help, I love doing art but not sure of the right prices to charge, so can you give me ideas on
1. Basic nail art ie stripes and flowers
2. Nail art with glitter/foils/stripes
3. Stones
4. Childrens prices
5. Do you give discount if doing a full set
6. Do you charge individual or full set

Also thinking about childrens parties and ladies manicure/pedicure/nailart parties any idea?

All advice welcome
thanks

Kathy

hi

i bascially offer nail art at a starting price of £3 - this can be for a few gems, or a simple design on the thumb and ring finger - most popular at the mo

the more elaborate, the more I charge, but no more than £5.

if they want a couple of gems and they are good customers, I charge them nothing.

I really go by how good a client they are and what they want

HI lOUISE
THANKS FOR THAT, I THINK I WAS UNDERCHARING AS SOMETIMES WAS ON £2 AND THE MOST WAS £3.50, AND DIDINT REALLY KNOW THE AVERAGE PRICE. dO YOU CHARGE DIFFERNT FOR CHILDERN, AS THEY ALL SEM TO WANT STONES, AND THESE COST A BIT MORE....! I LOVE NAIL ART, BUT THINK I REALLY NEEED TO SORT OUT PRICING!
KATHY

Hi this is what I charge

I used to charge 50p per finger even if they had really intricate nail art now I charge a bit more.

1. Basic nail art ie stripes and flowers =£1.00 per nail
2. Nail art with glitter/foils/stripes (dont use foils but glitter charge the same unless it is in permanent arylic then these are £42.00 for a full set of glitter acryic nails)
3. Stones =0.50
4. Childrens prices = 50p per nail
5. Do you give discount if doing a full set = nope £10.00 full set for handpainted nail art but used to charge £5.00 when I first started to get people interested.
6. Do you charge individual or full set? = depends on what they are having.

Hope that helps
xx

Hi thanks for that, but do people really pay £10 for full nail art, and you mentioned stones at 50p each, is that ontop of the £10, sorry to sould so confused but feel im under charging, but on other hand dont want to overcharge
kathy

i would charge half price for children.

best thing with your prices, don't make things to complicated. either go down the route of say 50p per nail, whatever they have on them, or a flat rate say lowest £3 and highest £5 per set.

it is easy for clients to figure out how much it will cost and for you too!

hi do you have any idea where i can get nail art supplies from, as saw on this site somewhere that some one mentioned 30p pot of paint.... as havent seen it that cheap, at the moment im still using up bits from a nail art course, but would like some ideas on companies with nail art supplies
kathy

yes i suppose if i let them know minimum price and max price makes things a little easier, will sort it out eventually, cheers

kathyw said:
hi do you have any idea where i can get nail art supplies from, as saw on this site somewhere that some one mentioned 30p pot of paint.... as havent seen it that cheap, at the moment im still using up bits from a nail art course, but would like some ideas on companies with nail art supplies
kathy
I get stuff from Art Shops - like glitter, acrylic paints etc, also ebay & Nailtopia xxx

i charge minimum of £5 -

for rhinestones - i charge 10p each stone

decals (i make my own) £3 (20 decals a sheet)

3d flowers £7

i dont really like doing nail art, so i dont really advertise it.

Latest posts

Back