Pricing your treatments!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hallos

Reaction score
Hello,
Im a complementary therapist and work with a beauty therapist ive been asked to work out costing for the treatments we offer. I wonder if any of you lovely people had perhaps a list or ideas of where to begin?

Manicure
Pedicure
Waxing
Facials
Reflexology
Indian head massage
hopi ear

Two things that are great to do when you start out are;

1. Work out the cost of each treatment - cost of product, cost of rent, cost of wages.

2. Go around your local area and make a table of prices. Don't just check the internet because a lot of places don't have websites.

After doing this, you should have some idea of the kind of price you want to give each treatment.

HTH x

My hubby was subjected to stroppy rants from me when he insisted I do my treatment costs before I even started to consider what I would charge!
BUT! I have to say he was absolutely right - he made me physically do every single treatment I wanted to offer and write down every single thing I used, from a sheet of kitchen roll to line the waste bowl, to cotton pads, to equipment and consumables, products and time, average travel time and number of towels used - whether it was a full load of washing or a half that that would create, etc etc etc
You can see why I didn't like him! But we put it all in a spreadsheet, worked out how many treatments each product would give, prices for all consumables, how often equipment would need replacing etc etc etc
Again, I did not like this one little bit but 2 years on it is invaluable. Any new treatment I want to offer goes in the spreadsheet and it gives me the actual cost of the treatment. When I put in how much I want to charge it also calculates the profit margin. This means I know exactly which treatments I can offer the best discounts or offers on.
I can also easily update the cost of consumables to ensure that my treatments are not costing me more than I'm making!
So, hard work - but very, very worthwhile.
Sorry this is so long!
Natalya

Latest posts

Back