Problems With Tresemme Hair Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another one here, i have tough hair and scalp to boot.
used tresemme for a few months then developed itchy scalp that drove me mad, even thought i had got nits from someone, didnt put 2 and 2 together, so i started using t-gel to sort this out and bought a different shampoo( aussie) and conditioner and not had the problem scince, thats when i realised it must have been the tresemme as i had never had this problem before

I've never tried Tresemme, but don't think i will now anyway.

I've got such a sensitive scalp - the only shampoo i can use is head and shoulders - anything else and my scalp goes to pot.

becki x said:
Ok,when i first started hairdressing about seven years ago,treseme were great,however the over the counter products are not of the same standard at all.This is most likely due to the fact that when trying to make this affordable for the general public something has to be scarificed imho to maintain a profit.However,for a product as mild as shampoo an allergic reation should not occur,and from this thread it is clear that this is not an isolated incident.
If no one contacts treseme to let them know,how can they do anything about it ?

I totally agree with what you are saying, i wanted to see if this had happened to anyone else - i will be contacting them about the problem shortly and see what they say xx

EllaX said:
i dont like tresemme - it makes my hair feel like a bog brush! xx
Oooh, maybe you should be using Toilet Duck!:lol: :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist that!

I wonder if it is because it is a professional hair care product and therefor should only be used in salons. When you think about it, one doesn't go to a salon every day to have their hair washed, whereas at home most of us wash our mops everyday. I do!

I wonder if it is because it is a professional hair care product and therefor should only be used in salons. When you think about it, one doesn't go to a salon every day to have their hair washed, whereas at home most of us wash our mops everyday. I do!

I buy all my hair products from the wholesaler and i have not used over the counter products in years,my hair is in great condition.Imho this really has nothing to do with it hun. x

To all those suffering from adverse reaction,please contact the manufactorer to prevent this happening to any one else.

x x x x xx

EllaX said:
i dont like tresemme - it makes my hair feel like a bog brush! xx

Mrs.Clooney said:
Oooh, maybe you should be using Toilet Duck!:lol: :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist that!

HAHAHAHA PMSL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

becki x said:
I buy all my hair products from the wholesaler and i have not used over the counter products in years,my hair is in great condition.Imho this really has nothing to do with it hun. x
No probs. Was just a suggestion.:)

well this sounds like it is a big probleme, hope someone does something about it. I know that I will never buy it after reading this.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi there

No I have never understood why people liked Tresseme shampoos and conditioners and thats when they were used for professional use ,
they are now called Indola in the hair profession.
There are some things that they make which are excellent but not the shampoo and conditioner.
Strange though I have a customer who absolutely adores it.
I don't quite know why but the smell of it makes my tummy turn.:green:

i used tresemme about a yr ago and scalp became quite irritated!:mad: then tried aveda and never went bk!:green:

Tresemme use to be a professional product and it was so bad that it went to the OTC side. Let the public who think OTC products are just as good as professional buy it.

sos:eek: stop using you,v had a reaction as so as your mum change your shampoo asap:lol:let me no how you get on

bought it.. used it, developed an itchy scalp, binned it!
amazing how many people have had the same reaction.. The add campaign was V.big down here,, "Shhh.. dont tell the salons we are selling this.. its a secret" type ****!
I also went mad on Pantene only to go in for a hair colour ..came out looking like a skiunk.. I kid you not.. parts of my hair just wouldnt accept the colour. Now i mainly use Avon hair products.. not sure how good they are.. but as i only wash my hair 3 times out of 7 days i dont normaly have an issue.. ((thanks go to my Fab hairdresser who emmigrated from England and put me straight on how many times i should wash my hair.. treatments and the old Bi-carb and soda trick, my hair has never felt so wonderful.. Now if i could just get it to GROW :irked:))

Yep me and hubby developed an itchy red scalp after using it. Vile Vile stuff!!
I either use TIGI now, Horns and Halo kids exzema shampoo or good old head and shoulders.

I love it, haven't used anything else for about a year now.

Tresemme, Pantene and Clairol are bad words in my house :lol:
I do NOT like any of them.
Never like the results.

I say bin it.

Although, i would keep in mind:
"IF" (and that's a big 'if') the Tresemme is of the same caliber it was in the salon, odds are that the shampoo is 'stronger' if that makes sense? When you get treated in the salon, those products are made for occasional use on clients with big results. So, if the shampoo 'is' drying, maybe it wouldn't seem so if it was only used occasionally, as opposed to several times a week.
Know what I mean? Having a hard time expressing my thoughts on this.
Anyway, just food for thought.

I use indola and I think its great. My clients love it and I think that the results are good. No complaints on Indola:green:
Hi there

No I have never understood why people liked Tresseme shampoos and conditioners and thats when they were used for professional use ,
they are now called Indola in the hair profession.
There are some things that they make which are excellent but not the shampoo and conditioner.
Strange though I have a customer who absolutely adores it.
I don't quite know why but the smell of it makes my tummy turn.:green:

Hi all
I have had the same problem with Pantene and tresseme, bumps on scalp,intense iching,scratching like you have a head full of something...not nice.

I think with most things, take for example the body shop banana shampoo and conditioner a few years back, used to be great.... but with everyone buying it they had to produce it quicker and make more profit I guess so out went some of the good ingredients and in went the chemicals, which I think has happened in this case.

what does everyone else think?
Teresa:Grope:

Hi,

I don't know of anyone having a skin reaction to it, but a few of my blonde customers said that after a few washes, their hair started to turn into a yellowy-orange kind of colour.
Not very attractive!!
But as soon as they stopped using it and started using a different shampoo, their hair went back to their normal blonde colour!
Has anyone else heard of this problem?

Michelle :)

Latest posts

Back