Problems With Tresemme Hair Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've never had any problem with it and neither has my friend but its probably a sensitivity reaction to one of its chemicals

iv used tresemme for the past week & will never buy it again it made my hair feel like id not even washed it & my scalp has been itching like mad! i normally use matrix colour shine shampoo its the best ever! :) xXx

OMG, I cannot BELIEVE this... I too tried Tresemme & - I kid you not - it took AGES to return my scalp to a state resembling happy!!

I had ALL of the aforementioned problems: soreness, redness, itching and flaking - it was horrendous! Now using Somerfield own brand tea tree shampoo & conditioner @ 98p ish each and my scalp is far happier.

Cannot believe this is an unusual reaction when there are so many of us on this forum alone that have been affected... letters to Tresemme required, methinks...

Can anyone grab their bottle and share what the ingredients in it is? I would really appreciate it if anyone could spare the time to do so..please?

:eek: well - wish i had seen this thread before i just subscribed to company mag - the freebie was loads of tresemme hair products - shampoo, conditioner, masque, leave in conditioner, serum, hair treatment and heat defence spray

they just been delivered yesterday

suppose will have to just try them and see how i get on - at least fore warned is fore armed so any probs and i know whats to blame lol

x

Omg! I have had the exact same problems as everyone else, extreme itching redness and flaking etc. :eek:

I have also had VERY sensitive skin for a few months and it may be my imagination but ti seems like it is since the tresemme started afecting my hair - i come out in red patches everytime I go near water or have a shower too.

I have got a bottle in the bathroom that my other half uses now just to use up the last bit (figured it would be ok as there isn't much in it) I will go and grab it in a sec and list the ingredients.

I am glad in a way that it isn't just me that has had this reaction to it.

I think we hsould all make up some sort of petition and sign it to say how BAD this stuff is - there are soooooooo many of us who have had reactions to it!!!!:eek:

xx

Ok here goes:

Shampoo (Vitamin B12 & Keratin anti breakage):

Aqua
Sodium Laureth Sulphate
CocomidolpropylBetaine
Hydrolyzed Keratin
Cyanocobalamin
Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
Quaternium-22
Polyquaternium-10
Polyquaternium-39
Sodium Chloride
Ammonium Chloride
Tetrasodium EDTA
Citric Acid
Methylchloroisothiazolinone
Methylisothiazolinone
Geranial
ButylphenalMethylpropional
Linalool
Hexyl Cinnamol
Limonene
Parfum
.... and breathe! lol

Conditioner (same type as shampoo)

Aqua
Ceteoryl Alcohol
Quaternium-18
Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine
Hydrolyzed KEratin
Cyanocobalmin
Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
Dimethicone
Quaternium-80
Hydroxyethylcellulose
Glyceryl Stearate
Citric Acid
Disodium EDTA
Glycerin
PVP
Disodium PEG-12
Dimethicone Sulfosuccinate
Steareth-21
Oleamine Oxide
Methylchloroisothiazolinone
Methylisothiazoline
Linalool
Hexyl Cinnamal
Parfum

Some of that sounds really scary !!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

There - it may help, it may not - I have nothing better to do - other half and his bro are playing ps3, washing is on and little one is sound asleep! lmao

:hug:

Thank You Sarah..so much appreciated! :hug:

No worries hun.

It made my eyes go funny though, trying to copy all those words! :lol:lol

xx

Tetrasodium EDTA
Sequestering agent. Prolonged skin contact may cause irritation, possibly even a mild burn.

Methylchlorisothiazomlinone:It was first used in cosmetics in the 1970s. In high concentrations it can cause chemical burns and it is a skin and membrane irritant and so it was largely removed from most cosmetic products except for those with only short duration skin contact such as rinse-offs.

these are the only two that I found on the internet chemical dict. that confess to causing any type of skin irritation.

I have had exactly the same. Hubby had some of the hairspray, I used it, major itching, flakeyness and general crap looking hair - when I had used the hairspray I found it took an AGE to actually get my hair feeling clean in the shower.

I used the shampoo and conditioner too, same thing again, also made my hair go a horrid brassy colour after one wash!!!!!

Safe to say it went in the bin, strange thing is, as some people have reported the same thing with pantene, I love it! It's the only brand (apart from pro brands) that has made my hair silky and gorgeous. :)

Pantene makes your hair loverly soft and shiney for the first few shampoos then It will wreak havoc with your hair. I once did a perm on someone who was using pantene ...the perm didn;t take..

I did a color (deep auburn) on a client who was using pantene...the color came out ronald McDonald orange!

I did a bleach on a client and her ends wouldn't go pass a med blonde...she was using pantene.

Pantene upsets and bothers professional hair coloring /perm services..
I have it posted on my station that I will not guarnatee any hair service if the client is using pantene.
I have never heard of anyone complaining about it irritating the scalp..just screws with the coloring. and chemical processes because it is pure silicone wax.
did You know that you can actually put a shine on your floor using pantene?

I use indola and I think its great. My clients love it and I think that the results are good. No complaints on Indola:green:

Hi, this thread is over a year old :confused:
are you talking about about tresseme shampoos and conditioners still ?
which personally I really dont like at all ,
or other indola products ?

there are some Indola products I do like and use

but definitely not tresseme shampoos and conditioners :green:

I think I replied to this one ages ago because Indola and Tresemme are kind of same company and there was a reference to Indola. But then I don't use the counter products, only Indola. So I have the Tresemme shampoo for blond hair, but rarely use it, I wash and condition my hair between Indola and Bedhead.

Just spotted this thread, In the salon I use two products by indola and dont have a problem with them, BUT in saying that I have tried the tresemme shampoo and conditioner on my own hair and found it to make it really lank and greasy and it took a good few washes in another shampoo to get it feeling right again. A few of my customers have used the s+c and most of them dont like it , on the other hand I know a few people that swear by that tresemme heat defense spray so who knows, years ago in the salon it was a well know professional brand, but I do hear alot of bad things about it now ....

Hi I use the indola tint in 6/0 its such a natural colour and doesn't give those flat khaki tones like Wella does in the 6/0 , but the indola tints are so runny and the fargrance stinks , lol x
I also like their dust free bleach ,
and like Natsel says some customers have given great reviews about the heat defense spray ,

its very strange when a professional product ceases to be just that
and then goes public , wonder why they do it ?

Hi I use the indola tint in 6/0 its such a natural colour and doesn't give those flat khaki tones like Wella does in the 6/0 , but the indola tints are so runny and the fargrance stinks , lol x
I also like their dust free bleach ,
and like Natsel says some customers have given great reviews about the heat defense spray ,

its very strange when a professional product ceases to be just that
and then goes public , wonder why they do it ?

I use Indola tints all the time and I don't think they are runny. Are you using their peroxide as well or just any? I think that Indola has a beautifull consistancy on tints. Also lots of my clients comment that they don't stink !!!! Lol funny how people see things in the different ways. :green:

I use Indola tints all the time and I don't think they are runny. Are you using their peroxide as well or just any? I think that Indola has a beautifull consistancy on tints. Also lots of my clients comment that they don't stink !!!! Lol funny how people see things in the different ways. :green:

Nope , I can smell them !!!! and so do my clients they have a powerful ammonia smell plus, they are way to creamy and don't grip as well as Wella tints do on foils ,
but I use the 6/0 as I like the colour , perhaps its just the 6/0 then ?

if your Indola tints are thick and creamy ?
have you checked you are putting the correct amount of developer in them
or are you just pouring and not measuring ? :green:

Oh Minky Minky Minky..... Ofcoarse I measure and do the right amount. If I wouldn't I would run a risk of color not developping propally and evenly or the results could be bad otherwise. Indola measures 1:1 i.e 60ml color-60ml peroxide.
Use it all the time it is my brand and they are lovely. I love the color 6.66x and have done it few times. It is a brave color, but if you dare, well its all worth it.

Just a quick thought, are you using indola peroxide with indola color? if not maybe this is why they are not working for you?

Latest posts

Back