Problems With Tresemme Hair Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is sooo unpleasent that this went to this point.
I never meant to be nasty, I said my comment in a very friendly way. Sorry if you misunderstood me.
You don't know how many years I have been in business, you may have not seen me in the forum, but that is only because I have been away.
So please do not assume. I already said I measure and get the right consistancy, not the runny one. We are supposed to be professional hairdressers, as I understand, this is supposed to be a friendly forum.
I am not being condescending. You red me wrong.

Just a quick thought, are you using indola peroxide with indola color? if not maybe this is why they are not working for you?

Nora may I ask you where on earth have read that it is not working for me ? as I have said no such thing ,

I shall repeat what I said
" I dont like the smell" and its too runny / creamy and doesnt stick to foils as well as wella tint does ,

now that is simply my personal preference I am not knocking anyone for using it! as I said I use it sometimes also ,

I wasnt asking you for your advice on profession cream developer instructions,
I was simply saying I didnt like the smell of it but I like a certain colour
why was this a problem ,
we all have our own opinions
on what we like to use and why we dont like them ,
I got the feeling you took offence just because I thought it smelled stinky
sounds funny now :lol: lol x

Oh Minky, sorry, I did not take the offence. I am not english and sometimes i might say things in a funny way without realising. sorry. I thought you said you did not like th consistancy and that is why you said you would not use it.
I think that there is not a problem really, just a bit of misunderstanding....

Hi Nora , I am sorry too, I never meant to upset you :hug:

It was just a misunderstanding on my side , my mistake :smack: ,
sorry once again :) minky

messages to one person should be by pm peeps....:)

aye, but its still nice to see women acting like proper women & sorting the misunderstanding out :)

*useless post, sorry :)*

No its not useles.... and thank you.
now back to Tresemme??? or not?

The biggest problem I had was that my hair broke off a few inches from my scalp. Gonna take a long time for this to grow out! A few of my friends had the same problem - their hair just broke off! Switched to Dove and am loving it!

Errrm..... this may sound like a funny question but..... most of us here have the access to the wholesalers as we are professional. So why don't you buy your shampoos from there? You know it works cheaper, it is better stuff and you get exactly what your hair needs. This includes any beauty products to be honest..... I would never get anything from Asda or Tesco any more.....

I went to my GP with itchy lumps on my scalp and she said that she has been seeing a lot of people with the same problem, not just linked to Tresemme, she mentioned Herbal Essences too. So to agree with Nora, I now only buy quality products from a professional supplier or from my hairdresser, actually I have also used L'occitane which has been fine.
Amanda

Last edited:
I too have the same problem. Especially with Tresseme, Helbal Essences, Pantene and Head & Shoulders.

If i am skint (as you are sometimes being a single mum!!) I get Aussi [the 3 minute miracle balm is brill] If i have the money i get L'Occitane, Aveda or Kerastace. I tnhink Kerastace is nice and smells loverly!!!! xx

For the last SIX months Iv been in a living itch hell.
Especially you know, down in the "Parts" The shampoo when washed off would get on my willy and legs. My legs have scratch marks up and down. Around my eyes are red and burning and my legs were at one point raw.

Imaging the psychological damage and I spent hundreds of bucks at dermatologists, ok must have been lame ones because they never suggested if I had used any new products.

Im three days off this crap and it still feels like little ants moving about my arms.

I used this on my dog and after I felt like a dog abuser, this stuff is junk.

A friend told me the itch will take up to 3 weeks to go away and im on day three and noticed a big improvement.

Can any one confirm? This stuff dripped on my "Junk" while bathing you know and I had three doctors check me out and all of them said its in my mind and not something they can see. I did this for 6 months rinsing off and at times taking a bath in shampoo water.

For a while I considered that I might have some kind of degenerative neurological disorder and an "Itch" has always been a precursor to serious health issues.

Imaging going to a job interview and having a stabbing itch in your manhood during the interview? My eyes ITCH and my neck ITCHES like I sleep in fiberglass.

Last edited:
dear sweet lord. . . junk itch causing shampoo, i hated tresse-crap before, now i despise it. . . never used it in my hair or let it run to my gingganggoolies, thank lord. . . god i feel for ya dude. . . lol. . . try a pharmacist for an anti itchin cream or summin and take piritin. . good for allergic reactions. . . i always wondered tho, wot wud u take for an allergic reaction to piritin. . .hmmmmmm the mind boggles. . . ur poor junk LOL x

ok i used Tresemme smooth and silky shampoo for the first time last week (bought a huge bottle of it). the next day i think it was, i ended up with a crazy rash of red bumps all over my chest above my breasts, on my shoulders and on my back. there are a few other bumps here and there on my arms and a couple but not much were on my face but went away. the rash is annoying and i made the mistake of using that shampoo again because i like how it felt when i shampooed with it.
the weird thing is that my scalp isnt irritated, but i do use it with another conditioner, so maybe just my body where the shampoo washed to is having a reaction.
im pregnant, but this rash doesnt sound like any other pregnancy related rash. lets see if i have the energy to type out the ingredients....

water (aqua, eau)
ammonium lauryl sulfate
ammonium laureth sulfate
cocamidopropyl betaine
sodium cocoyl isethionate
sodium methyl cocoyl taurate
sodium lauroamphoacetate
ammonium chloride
fragrance (parfum)
glycol distearate
propylene glycol
laureth-7
guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride
dipropylene glycol
dmdm hydantoin
citric acid
tetrasodium edta
sodium xylene-sulfonate
quaternium-80
bisamino peg/ppg-41/3 aminoethyll pg-propyl dimethicone
butylphenyl methylpropional
sodium laureth sulfate
sodium cocoamphoacetate
limonene
amyl cinnamal
linalool
peg-18 glyceryl oleate/cocoate
biotin
polyquaternium-7
polysorbate 20
hydrolyzed keratin
hydrolyzed wheat protein
hydrolyzed silk
ascorbic acid
hydrolyzed wheat starch
niacinamide
soluble collagen
chondrus crispus (carrageenan) extract
tocopheryl acetate
panthenol

wow thats a lot of stuff.

Last edited:
Hiya Geeks, Has anyone had a reaction to tresemme shampoo or conditioner?? i have been having problems with my ears (itchy, scabs :eek: eww) my scalp is ok and the shampoo is all i can think of, the only other thing in contact with my ears is water! have had antibiotics twice for swollen ear canals (yes its as painful as it sounds!) My mum also had itchy lumps on her scalp after using tresemme - anyone else had problems?? I have changed my shampoo so will see what happens :rolleyes:

Rach xx

Oh don't tell me that. I've literally just started using it! I've been using it for about a week now and I thought it was fab. I use the cleansing one for the first shampoo and then i put the bodyfying one on after and I thought how fab it was. I do suffer with very itchy ears anway but I always have, but I think that is from my hairspray. I also use their hairspray now too, lol.

... and searching for why! I have had itching ALL over my body. I have used tresemme for a year or more on / off. I seem to see so many types IE; dry hair, damaged, heat burned.... Last one I bought coincidentally around the time I started itching is "Moisture Rich - for dry or damaged hair" has "vitamin e" on lable. I use my shampoo to body wash all over as well. I have had terrible itchy skin. I have changed everything except my shampoo! I ALSO for 2 moth's have had my silver white parts of my hair turn YELLOW as someone else mentioned in this thread!

This shampoo has a MUCH different list of ingredients that include many "flower/stem/leaf" extracts.
This same thing happened to me about 4 years ago, itching like MAD all night. I have not even been able to sleep much the past 2 weeks. the last time 4 years ago it was from Garnier Fructis -- As soon as I stopped all problems went away!

I will be stopping Tresemme NOW!

I HOPE this is the end to this horrible skin condition!

B

Latest posts

Back