Process Of Renting A Beauty Room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tillysmiffy

Reaction score
I would like to rent a beauty room seen a few i like but not sure on the proces or what this normally includes like electricity etc.

what questions to ask? or
what they could do for me ?
or average prices?

please help
thank you

Tilly

Hi tilly
I pay £80 for wed to sat for my room, that includes electricity and getting my towels washed and bookings being taken for me. When I went to view my room I asked everything! I buy my own products and clean room too. I also have a set of keys to salon to suit my hours. Have a list of questions you want to ask with you so you don't forget.
I live in Scotland so prices will be higher where you are most probably. Hope this helpsca little! Good luck
Tannyk x

so what sort of questions i should ask?

tilly

What is included in the rent? Who is responsible for cleaning, taking money, welcoming clients, taking appointments, advertising, etc.

Who will be taking your calls and bookings? Very important that they know what they are talking about and understand your services, prices, treatment times, etc.

oh brilliant thnk you, anything else i should know?

tilly

If you are going to get a contract as well and would there be anyone else using the room if all of your belongings are being kept in it

oh thanks also does any one know what type of insurance i would need to get or where from?

tilly

you'll need your liability insurance first and foremost and i would check with the salon you'll be renting off if your stuff will be covered under their unsurance or not otherwise you'll have to take out insurance for your products and equipment

oh brilliant il look in to that

Does the premises have a license for doing beauty treatments?
Can you advertise? window display? side board? display products outside room?
Can you have access to the room at all times to do treatments?

Insurance - try Guild, BABTAC, Salon Saver. Mention that you are renting a room, depending on your location and the security of the room it might be tricky. Salon Saver was the only one that accepted me because I rented a room in a gym and kept my retail stock outside my room.

From my experience, I would look at all the features of the room and where it is located before you even think of rent. I can tell you in London you can get anything from £100-300 per week. This depends on the type of clientele the location will attract and how much you can make. For example, if you bring in £2000 a week then rent of £300 a week is affordable.

Think about how much your weekly takings will be, how much your weekly expenses will be and work backwards to see how much rent you can afford.

Hope this helps :)

Excellent oh thank you, im just so confused got so many things to think about that the most simplest things im forgetting

tilly

Excellent oh thank you, im just so confused got so many things to think about that the most simplest things im forgetting

tilly

Hi there I am in a predicament at the mo!!
I have recently started rentin a beauty room in a hairdressers, the hairdresser who is the boss downstairs rents the salon from a landlord.
I have been waiting 4 weeks for a key as promised by the hairdresser and now she is saying for insurance purposes only 2 people can have a key and that means herself and the other stylist who has to rely on buses to get to work!!! I have had to wait with a client of mine outside for her to open up and asking my client to wait a further20-30 mins until the wax was ready for her eyebrow wax!! Very embarrassing!!! Am u entitled to a key to the salon if I am paying rent there!!!? Please can any1 help me!!?

I never give renters keys, only employed staff. You can get a timer plug for your wax so it is on and ready when you walk in.

I never give renters keys, only employed staff. You can get a timer plug for your wax so it is on and ready when you walk in.

This is a good idea. However, when I rented my room, I always made sure the wax pots were on timers to make sure they would be ready, but as the room didn't have a door (it was the room at the back - the only other exit) the hair girls in their wisdom, ALWAYS turned them off at the plug before they left for home! :mad:

Great questions to be asking form all the posters above. Good luck :)

Sarah. xx

Latest posts

Back