Professional Beauty 2014 Excel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsMagovern

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

So I am just returning to the industry after kids and buying a house etc and have just signed up for tickets to Professional Beauty in Feb. I wondered if any of you more experienced geeks had any advice for me please as it will be my first trade show (and I can't wait 😀).

Thanks xx

You will really enjoy Excel. Most of the companies do the London show, sadly due to increasing costs of exhibiting at these shows some companies no longer do the Manchester or some of the other shows which often means that people outside of London lose out or have to make the effort and travel to the London show.

It's always a great show with lots to see and lots of great companies both big and small.
I'm sure you will really enjoy it, good luck.

I've not been to the London one either but I'm going to try! I went to pro beauty north a few weeks ago and it was fab, learnt & bought a lot so I'm sure you'll love it if its even bigger & better! word of warning though every other stall was teeth whitening in Manchester 😂 haha x

I've not been to the London one either but I'm going to try! I went to pro beauty north a few weeks ago and it was fab, learnt & bought a lot so I'm sure you'll love it if its even bigger & better! word of warning though every other stall was teeth whitening in Manchester 😂 haha x

Olympia this year was similar. Apart from the usual nail guys a few other stalls like CACI and IIAA (I like these two the best) it was eyelashes and teeth whitening......everywhere! I personally wouldn't see the need to go yearly but I'm just miserable..ha ha

I'm going this year but only to buy stock! I don't go every year. It's enjoyable but The queues are overwhelming, I go early in the Sunday, alone usually or with 1 friend- I prefer it that way... I operate in silence, beeline for the stalls I have short listed, spend what I've allocated to spend and then get out of there!!

Can I ask what date this is? Xx

Hi Geeks!

So I am just returning to the industry after kids and buying a house etc and have just signed up for tickets to Professional Beauty in Feb. I wondered if any of you more experienced geeks had any advice for me please as it will be my first trade show (and I can't wait 😀).

Thanks xx

Advice: Wear comfortable clothing and shoes, wear layers as it can get very warm, bring a drink and snacks as the wait could be a long one, if you are alone bring something to read or do while waiting, make a list of the products you want (it's so easy to get distracted), bring a large tote bag (the bags from S2 are massive and I don't buy enough to fill it so I switch it to a tote bag) and print off a copy of the map. I like to highlight the stalls I want to visit so it's easier to find them and that way I can make sure I visit them all. Hope this helps. :)

Advice: Wear comfortable clothing and shoes, wear layers as it can get very warm, bring a drink and snacks as the wait could be a long one, if you are alone bring something to read or do while waiting, make a list of the products you want (it's so easy to get distracted), bring a large tote bag (the bags from S2 are massive and I don't buy enough to fill it so I switch it to a tote bag) and print off a copy of the map. I like to highlight the stalls I want to visit so it's easier to find them and that way I can make sure I visit them all. Hope this helps. :)

Ha this is EXACTLY what I do! My friend called me a geek when I pulled my highlighted and routed map with a full folder of what I wanted from each stall, what questions I wanted to ask each stall whose products I was enquiring about, my ready made drinks bottles an packed lunch out of my rucksack lol! I'm proud to be a geek though if me me who was laughing at her at the end of the day! Xxxx

Ha this is EXACTLY what I do! My friend called me a geek when I pulled my highlighted and routed map with a full folder of what I wanted from each stall, what questions I wanted to ask each stall whose products I was enquiring about, my ready made drinks bottles an packed lunch out of my rucksack lol! I'm proud to be a geek though if me me who was laughing at her at the end of the day! Xxxx

Lol. I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this.

I love these shows and usually go on the Sunday however there is always works on the railway on a Sunday and it takes ages to get there, what's it like on a Monday ?I know it's student day but was thinking maybe change my day . Is there plenty of stock still on the Monday ?

I love these shows and usually go on the Sunday however there is always works on the railway on a Sunday and it takes ages to get there, what's it like on a Monday ?I know it's student day but was thinking maybe change my day . Is there plenty of stock still on the Monday ?

A lot of the stalls said to me at the Manchester show that Mondays are extremely busy with students! But one stall said they have better clearance deals on the Monday as it's their chance to get rid of everything!

I absolutely LOVE Pro Beauty! We took small trolley cases and it was the best decision we made! Emptied into my car 4 times but the previous year we struggled to carry all the items we bought! Definitely would recommend a trolley case!

Q's for food are ridiculous so we went to a Subway close by at Pro Beauty North

Enjoy :) x x

I went to Olympia on the Sunday and Monday this year. The difference was unbelievable. I was able to speak to people and properly look at things without being shoved or crowded on the Monday. I'm going to pro beauty on the Sunday and Monday this year to see if it's the same.

We'll be at excel again in February. We were also at pro beauty north, the highlight of which was me leaping over Lisa from Nails and Beyond to retrieve my stock from a thief!
Mondays can be quite trying with students purely wanting freebies...

I'm sure half the companies would happily pack up and go home at the end of the Sunday.

I'm going on the Sunday - as I've heard some stuff is finished by the end of the Sunday! For instance, last year I got the last essie matte about you at that was at about 11am on the Sunday!

Would love to attend PB show in February however when I attempted to register for tickets it asks for my job title, company name etc.. I am currently in training with Young Nails and (fingers crossed) will pass my course in January. Does anyone know if this means I can't get a ticket until finishing my course?
xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love to attend PB show in February however when I attempted to register for tickets it asks for my job title, company name etc.. I am currently in training with Young Nails and (fingers crossed) will pass my course in January. Does anyone know if this means I can't get a ticket until finishing my course?
xx

Is there no where to put student? If not,then put nail tech xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is there no where to put student? If not,then put nail tech xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app
No it doesn't give me that option but does require a company name. I'm not part of a company to be able to give that!? xx

Just put Student in the box.

Nobody is going to be checking up on you, it's fine.

Latest posts

Back