Professional Beauty teeth whitening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squidgernetball

Ubergeek
Reaction score
For any of you heading off to Professional Beauty next week, please, please, PLEASE DO NOT be duped by all the tooth whitening companies that tell you it's legal. It isn't. If it's self administered, nonnperoxide, or any of the other things they tell you, it's STILL illegal.

The GDC prosecute beauty therapists offering this treatment and they have never lost a case. Don't part with your money x

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...treet-beautician-busted-over-illegal-12592955

OMG! ...............For a minute I thought you had turned to the dark side ! ;)

For any of you heading off to Professional Beauty next week, please, please, PLEASE DO NOT be duped by all the tooth whitening companies that tell you it's legal. It isn't. If it's self administered, nonnperoxide, or any of the other things they tell you, it's STILL illegal.

The GDC prosecute beauty therapists offering this treatment and they have never lost a case. Don't part with your money x

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...treet-beautician-busted-over-illegal-12592955
I can't believe no one has sued these teeth whitening companies themselves once they get taken to court by the GDC. So dodgy. I think it comes down to cost for a lot of people which I understand but these companies won't stop until it hurts them in the pocket.

Thanks for sharing!

As some of you already know I've been working hard to get tooth whitening companies off the trade show floors.
The BBC want as much evidence as is possible to counter the claims that tooth whitening is not carried out.
If you take photos of people actually receiving tooth whitening do let me know. You can be anonymous - I have no such qualms about having my name associated with this - I'm purely concerned about the safety of the public.

:( I had no idea this was actually illegal, there were at least 2 companies offering teeth whitening and the equipment for salons to buy at the Scottish Beauty Show last year. I'll keep an eye out in April and see if they're there this year again.

What makes me so mad is that so called Professional Beauty endorse this by allowing the stands to trade. Naive therapists are persuaded that teeth whitening is legal and above board and it isn't. But we're at Pro Beauty, so it must be true [emoji85]

What makes me so mad is that so called Professional Beauty endorse this by allowing the stands to trade. Naive therapists are persuaded that teeth whitening is legal and above board and it isn't. But we're at Pro Beauty, so it must be true [emoji85]
I agree. It shouldn't be allowed by the event organisers but you know what.. for what they charge for a stand it's not beneficial for many people to be there.

I've thought about exhibiting for a few years and always decide against it.

The way they get around it that your selling a product i.e. Teeth whitening gels if u don't have a high grade teeth whitening lamp you can use the sellers the person who is selling the teeth whitening gels carnt touch you show u a shade chart etc , as u sit at home and get white teeth you carnt speak of anything of teeth as this is an act of dentistry once they have used your lamp they take everything away with them
One company said they carnt even be in the shame room as u whilst whitening is taking place
I bought a whitening kit from tooth fairy last year as I trained in teeth whitening when it was the hype I used it on myself 0% peroxide on the outer packaging on small print inside the packaging it said peroxide 6% it's always best to do your home work with anything like that
At the end of the day it's not illegal to buy a tooth whitening kit from boots to administer it yourself at home otherwise the gdc would be suing u and boots it's the way the treatment is carried out that is illegal x

So i have been looking into this recently as there are so many people offering it and was going to start offering it along side my other aesthetic treatments. I was told by the company in question that if the client does the treatment themselves and you don't touch them mouth or anything then its ok for you to do it within your salon ? Can anyone shed any light on this please ?
Thanks

So i have been looking into this recently as there are so many people offering it and was going to start offering it along side my other aesthetic treatments. I was told by the company in question that if the client does the treatment themselves and you don't touch them mouth or anything then its ok for you to do it within your salon ? Can anyone shed any light on this please ?
Thanks
If you read my post further up it says that companies "get round" the laws by telling therapists it's okay if the client self administers. It still isn't legal. Teeth whitening should never be carried out by beauty therapists. As I state further up, the GDC can and do prosecute and they have never lost a case. The teeth whitening companies are, I'm afraid, the lowest of the low. They will tell you black is white to sell you a kit, then disappear when the case comes to court.

Do your research. There are many therapists who have lost a lot of money.

Vic x

What squidgernetball said [emoji651]️[emoji651]️

And if that's not enough, the public are getting wise to it and it's not looking good on the people who are offering teeth whitening who ARE beauty therapists and will damage your reputation

Firstly, it's a criminal prosecution leading to a conviction. Why would anyone want to risk getting a criminal record?

You will get told by the companies selling teeth whitening products that it's classed by the EU as a cosmetic procedure and not dentistry if the products contain less than 0.1% hydrogen peroxide or use non peroxide products but that's only a half truth.

Lorna Jamous (Beautician) was still successfully prosecuted in the High Court for selling a non peroxide teeth whitening product to the public.

The teeth whitening companies will offer to sell you indemnity insurance to provide legal cover. Great.
Read the small print!
The insurer won't actually cover you if you are found guilty of committing an illegal offence, which tooth whitening when not a qualified dental practitioner, is deemed to be.

http://www.lindagreenwall.com/wp-content/themes/linda/resources/editorials/ADT June p7.pdf

The companies selling the packages to Beauty salons aren't prosecuted because they're not selling directly to individual members of the public.

Even if they use home kit teeth whitening gel can they be prosecuted?

Even if they use home kit teeth whitening gel can they be prosecuted?
Who knows?

I seriously would avoid any teeth whitening products like the plague x

The home stuffs prohibited too. It was in the paper recently.

Latest posts

Back