Professional UK electrolysis forums and groups?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeedeeH

Reaction score
Is there any such thing in the uk where methods, practices, skills, tips, development, law and support applicable to the UK practice of electrolysis discussed?

I have been looking for groups, forums or web sites for UK qualified electrolysists but found very little.

I know of Hair Tell, but that is based in america and there are a great many differences between the levels of discussion and the legal side of operating in comparison to the UK.

I also know of the BIAE, but this body has nothing of this sort. It deals with registration of members who have passed the entry exam and further professional development, but offers nothing in the way of any sense of a proffesional community support.

Can any one suggest any thing like this either on or off line?

With Many Thanks In Advance,

Deedee.

The BIAE did have a forum for members but it was not widely used when I joined! I think Hairtell is the only option at present although probably of more value if you have an Apilus or USA brand machine such as Instatron as technique is different to a Sterex, however I have seen Sterex members on there. I do find it frustrating as more can be accomplished and the UK system is not geared towards these type of machines/practices. The BIAE is not for profit and most members although accomplished and very experienced are Sterex users, which I sometimes find frustrating, I also find some articles published about things which are years old, making me feel we are so behind. For example here you will be advised to remove hair in a chequerboard fashion but an Apilus will zip through all the hair without trauma, which in real life a client really wants and needs. That advice would seem contradictory to a client but in truth the majority of the machines used are not as advanced here and would perfectly acceptable with the right equipment in the right circumstances. Although not a forum, Sterex has a learning resource section, which might aid those who use their equipment. There is also a closed UK Facebook group here - I can find details if you PM me.

Last edited:
I will pm you about the closed Facebook group [emoji6]

Hello! Hoping to find information on the closed group would be interested in joining. Could you pm me? I realise this is an old thread so

Latest posts

Back