Prom season tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiki-uk

Reaction score
Hi,
With prom season coming up I can imagine there will be teenagers wanting spray tans left right & centre.
Do you allow 15/16 year old to come in alone or with a friend etc or do you request they have an adult with them? Just looking for others opinions, :)

Seriously 15/16 year olds wanting a tan is no biggie, why do you think it would be a problem ? All prom girls would be 16 + so a spray tan is quite normal. Odd question to ask why would you wont opinions ?????

Seriously 15/16 year olds wanting a tan is no biggie, why do you think it would be a problem ? All prom girls would be 16 + so a spray tan is quite normal. Odd question to ask why would you wont opinions ?????
Because you have to be careful for insurance purposes, also for the fact of having a minor in your care wearing minimal clothing!

My query wasn't if they should be allowed a tan at all, I have no problem with them having a tan for their prom, or any other time, my 16 year old sister in law was round mine constantly for tans when I first got my kit.....like jaz said though it is having a minor in my room in minimal clothing. Therefore I wondered what other people do to cover themselves. I don't find that odd!

Plus birthday depending they'll be 15 or 16

My query wasn't if they should be allowed a tan at all, I have no problem with them having a tan for their prom, or any other time, my 16 year old sister in law was round mine constantly for tans when I first got my kit.....like jaz said though it is having a minor in my room in minimal clothing. Therefore I wondered what other people do to cover themselves. I don't find that odd!

I agree with you and I don't think it's an odd question at all! In fact my daughter has her prom this year and she will still be 15 and although obviously I am more than happy to give her a spray tan I have been advised to check my insurance if I do a tan for any of her friends (anyone under 18). I will also check with their parents that they are happy about it and if any girls who I don't already know want a tan I would insist on a parent/guardian being present. It was also suggested that if you do a client consultation first to get the parent/guardian to sign the consultation form so there are no missunderstandings.

I always insist on a parent or guardian being present if of scool age and get them to sign the consultation form too.

Get them to sign a form stating permission, maybe insist on the use of a G string and bandeau bra? Or the presence of an adult, but TBH I know I would never feel comfortable with my mother being in the same room as me while I'm almost in the buff [emoji23]

Latest posts

Back