PTLLS or A1 assessor award course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leannehunter

Reaction score
I'm based in Dundee, Scotland and so confused..... And sorry if this is in the wrong place. I want to teach but privately (not college or school at the mo) I spoke to a friend who owns a swag accredited teaching school and she has said do a1 but others have said PTLLS I think I can do both through city and guilds but they aren't being very helpful 😳 can anyone give me advice please x

I'm doing both. It seems assessors award is more for my college work and for actually making assessments and BABTAC and various companies etc want ptlls to be insured to teach in your salon etc.
The assessors award has been easy, I'm doing the ptlls online and am frankly disgusted at the lack of contact/support. I've been asking for weeks for confirmation of my micro teach next week and at 9pm tonight been it's been cancelled!

At the moment I don't want to teach in colleges I want to teach privately so I would like to do both but finding it hard to get info on it tried city and guilds but they've been less than helpful!!!

Ask around your local colleges then contact the lecturer that does it. I don't know about Dundee, but Glasgow Clyde Cardonald does it, they have one starting in July.

Sorry to jump in girls 2 years later! Do you know if it has to be city & guilds to allow you to teach or can it be any online course for PTLLS?

I am doing a cert. ed at uni, as have found it is a more widely accepted qualification for teaching at colleges. Can also receive student finance to study which helps!

Latest posts

Back