Puri-tan problems - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshInnes

Reaction score
I attended a spray tan course with Kate from Puri-tan, i loved the product and training and immediately gave my card details to order a kit priced £260, this money was deducted from my account 3 weeks ago and i still have no kit! I have also contacted kate repeatedly by phone and email to which i am receiving no reply! I dont want to slate the company as i thought Kate was lovely and products fab but am now thinking i have been conned! I am at a loss at what to do! Iv had to contact police, trading standards and my bank, all of which iv informed Puri-tan of, still no response!!! Help!!

Unfortunately it seems you're not alone, do a search on here to see the other Puritan posts and maybe contact some of the others who were having problems with their orders, maybe they can shed some light or in fact may have received their orders?? Good luck.

Im afraid you have just wasted your money. They went bust and stopped trading a while ago after the same thing happened to quite alot of girls. I used to be the trainer for scotland and I have lots of girls out of pocket from about 2 months ago who havnt received kits or their money back.

Do a search on here for puri-tan and you will see there are others from as far back as october who havnt received anything for their money

Im afraid you have just wasted your money. They went bust and stopped trading a while ago after the same thing happened to quite alot of girls. I used to be the trainer for scotland and I have lots of girls out of pocket from about 2 months ago who havnt received kits or their money back.

Do a search on here for puri-tan and you will see there are others from as far back as october who havnt received anything for their money

How can they have stopped trading when they wr running courses up until 2 weeks ago in Glasgow?

How can they have stopped trading when they wr running courses up until 2 weeks ago in Glasgow?

How else can you describe them taking lots of girls money not giving them the goods, all staff leaving, not paying the staff, ignorning all calls and emails and taking all websites and facebook pages down.

How else can you describe them taking lots of girls money not giving them the goods, all staff leaving, not paying the staff, ignorning all calls and emails and taking all websites and facebook pages down.

I would describe it as fraud and theft, at least thats what the police are saying!! Websites are still up taking orders but obv Kate isnt planning on fulfilling the orders, i cant believe someone who seemed so nice is conning so mny ppl! Absolutely disgusting!!!

Maybe she hasn't gone bust, maybe she's just trading under a different name, Ethos? Who knows, but I'd definitely complain to trading standards.

If they have indeed gone bust, I really feel for you - It's horrible to see people being ripped off. :hug:

I also have the same problem. I ordered my kit 29th march and kate told me that i'ld have it by the following week. when it didn't come I rang kate and was told that she was going to track it with fastways couries in manchester. several days passed and I'd heard nothing so I rang her again and she told me that she would send me the tracking numbers via text. As normal this never happened.......after more calls and texts I finally got a text back saying she was training in scotland and would find out what was going on once she got home. 3 days later still nothing so I emailed her and tried to call but no answer, I contacted my bank as I had paid via debit card and was told that I needed to wait 31days before they could even begin to look into the transaction. I am now wait for paperwork to claim my money back from her, if anyone else has the same problem and paid via card the contact your card issuser as they may be able to claim your money back :confused:

I also have the same problem. I ordered my kit 29th march and kate told me that i'ld have it by the following week. when it didn't come I rang kate and was told that she was going to track it with fastways couries in manchester. several days passed and I'd heard nothing so I rang her again and she told me that she would send me the tracking numbers via text. As normal this never happened.......after more calls and texts I finally got a text back saying she was training in scotland and would find out what was going on once she got home. 3 days later still nothing so I emailed her and tried to call but no answer, I contacted my bank as I had paid via debit card and was told that I needed to wait 31days before they could even begin to look into the transaction. I am now wait for paperwork to claim my money back from her, if anyone else has the same problem and paid via card the contact your card issuser as they may be able to claim your money back :confused:

I cant believe you have actually had dialogue from her, your one of the lucky ones, she is constantly ignoring my texts, calls and emails. I am absolutely livid. Well its in the hands of the police now and their investigating her for Fraud, aparently they've been inundated with complaints re this...

Wel I was looking for a new tan to use and I had whittled it down to puri tan but I dont think I will bother!!!!

I would report it to the police - its stealing and see if she is stll registered at companies house

Hi ash, I'm in the exact same position I must have been on the same course aas you on sat 29th. I'm so angry she was such a good actress seemed so nice then did that (that's obv how she does it) I really don't want her to get away with it I'm going to try complain to anyone I can about her she should get the jail for this its fraud especially if she's been bust for months.I did notice she has 2 puri tan sites and another for a company called ethos mayb this is who she's pretending to be now. Keep me posted if u have any luck getting hold of her. Have u contacted groupon?x

Seems I have been conned also then, I have just been on the course 3 weeks ago and cannot contact Kate now. I am taking this to trading standards and the police to see what can be done.

If anyone has information on Kate or her new buisness please contace me.

thanks

Welcome

her spray tan business (link above), but it's not puritan business so prob won't get your money :rolleyes:

I managed to get a order of 3lts of spray tan solution which was one of the best tans i used.... i paid for tan training and all communication was lost.

Would any one know how i could get hold of this product i am even thinking of investing money into buying the solution my self by far the best spray tan solution i have used just a shame we had a conartist selling a very good product x

I was on the training in Glasgow in April. The money was taken from my card the next day, and I never received anything. No contact from Kate or Puri-Tan, even though I've emailed, called, text etc. I had thought she was so nice too.... very helpful and I'd signed up for the advanced training. Luckily I paid by credit card and the issuer is refunding me. Groupon refunded the cost of the training too. Was going to pay cash on the day but something stopped me.

Thing that is bothering me now is that I'll need to do the training elsewhere in order to get a certificate.

Hi,

My college had the same problem. We all had training with Leela, she was lovely and lots of us placed orders back in Feb this year. Non of us received our goods and got no response from Puri-tan. College found out that she had apparently gone bust.
College eventually got things sorted and students got their money back one way or another.
I reported her to trading standards, reported her for fraud and also reported her to watchdog, but so far nothing has been done about her still defrauding people out of their hard-earned money.
I still can't believe six months down the line she is still conning people and getting away with it.
I hope that everyone can get any money back that they have given to Kate and she gets what she deserves.
What goes around, comes around (or so they say):evil:

I did a course at her salon in Eccles on Monday n returned the following day to order f me and my cousin. I demanded a reciept after reading all these comments, I've been told my order will b with me no later than Monday! I really hope it is as I will go down n get every penny bk plus some! I only wish I has read this before  I will also b contacting Groupon who I bought the course through. My hubby is in advertising so we av a lot of contacts so I will defo not let this lie if it goes t*ts up :evil:

I purchased equipement from Kate in 2010 and products in 2011. Fortunately I got the products, eventually!!!!!!!. Never met her but she seemed really nice. You never know do you! Shame as the product was fab. Does anyone use a product that comes close to puri tan?
Debs x

I had a terrible time with Kate Camelleri in 2010. I ordered the full kit for about £300 spent weeks calling and emailing and getting fobbed off. I eventually had to go through my bank and claim the money back that way. Horrible!!!:twisted:

Latest posts

Back